TRIO EZ Pilot Autopilot

saybeengineering

Any experience/comments of installation and performance of a Trio EZ pilot on the Long EZ??? Photo documentation of installation??

Trio makes an excellent product. The principals in the company fly canards, know how to make their products work with these planes, and provide excellent support. If I didn't already have a Navaid autopilot that still works, I'd replace it with a Trio in a second. Sometimes I stare at it and wish it would fail... But I'm too cheap not to wait for it to do so :-).

I have NEVER heard a bad word about the company or the product from owners (or anyone else, for that matter).

I was a tester for the Trio and have been flying both products a really long time. I find trips much more relaxing with the AP and AH and when in IFR conditions having an "additional pilot" in the plan is invaluable.

If you do buy an AP, I have a good set of installation instructions posted at the bottom of my website.

Regards, Nick

Charleston, SC LongEZ, N29TM, 2400 hrs

http://www.canardzone.com/members/nickugolini/

I guess I am the first to have problems with the trio autopilot. Trio has been very good with their support but we still have not been able to isolate the cause of my problems with the servo going to one side and staying there. Trio thinks it is interference from my dual light speed ignitions but light speed says they have not heard any thing about the problem. I have shielded wire going to the servo and am looking for other suggestions before I return both the servo and head for trio to test in their long ez.