Armadillo Aerospace Taxi tests their rocket XL

emteeoh

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, lets see. You nailed it. Ruined is a perfect word.

Kind of looks like humpty dumpty.

What a BUTT-Ugly lookin' thing.

Good thing they are not trying to sell them. This is exactly why I think the hole concept is going to fall flat. When they dumped the cool LongEze platform it started the slide into failure. No amount of paint can make something like this, look exciting and cool, I dont care if it has a roman candle stuck up it's arse. No one will want a photo of this on they're wall over their bed to stare at and dream about.

This is the beginning of the end.

In retrospect, maybe the engineers were fulfilling some latent design concept...it does somewhat appear to be morphing into an armadillo sort of contrivance.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Good thing they are not trying to sell them. This is exactly why I think the hole concept is going to fall flat. When they dumped the cool LongEze platform it started the slide into failure. No amount of paint can make something like this, look exciting and cool, I dont care if it has a roman candle stuck up it's arse. No one will want a photo of this on they're wall over their bed to stare at and dream about.

looks like a constipated slug got into the jalepenos.::eek:

Monty

Just need to stick some NASCAR-style decals and paint on it! :P:D

I think beauty is only skin deep, and the idea of strapping that thing on and going for a race is really cool! :cool:

Go to the Armadillo web site and watch the thing FLY...it's impressive!

Phil Kriley

Cozy #1460

Chapter 13 - nose

Right wing done - working on right winglet.