Long EZ DIY Simulator

stargazer

Hi to all

i live in greece, although live far i am a big fun of Burt Rutan and i love the long ez.

i spend the past 3 years wondering of which aircraft should i replacate for the construction of my homebuilt simulator.

i choose that aircraft to be the long ez cause i though i could find plands and drawings easily but i couldnt find all that i need to construct just the cockpit and half the nose and i need a prortion or all the plans of the ez. if i posted the thread to the wrong sub forum please tell me.

my e-mail:

jim86gr@hotmail.com

Hi to all

i live in greece, although live far i am a big fun of Burt Rutan and i love the long ez.

i spend the past 3 years wondering of which aircraft should i replacate for the construction of my homebuilt simulator.

i choose that aircraft to be the long ez cause i though i could find plands and drawings easily but i couldnt find all that i need to construct just the cockpit and half the nose and i need a prortion or all the plans of the ez. if i posted the thread to the wrong sub forum please tell me.

my e-mail:

jim86gr@hotmail.com

I think you're in the right place. You want 2 things:

1) Get the TERF CD. http://www.dragonaero.com/RAFCDROM.htm . In there is a file named lezplan.pdf: its the one you want.

2) download the OpenEZ templates. http://www.canardzone.com/content/Open-EZDrawingsRev5.zip

Tada! Thats all you need to build a plane. (except, of course, time, materials, skill, patience, etc)

i dont want to pay for 300$ for building the cockpit only that is double the cost of the construction itself! and what if the long ez does not meet my space requirements :sad: ? 300 trashed?:confused: if anyone want's to help me please sent me an email :feedback:

You don't need the terf templets to build a cockpit. the open ez plans have all the drawings and dimensions you will need. check these out first.

http://www.canardzone.com/content/Op...awingsRev5.zip

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

i saw the drawings but with first sight i don't they cover the entire cockpit and canopy , for instance it doen't cover the section ahead of the inst. panel

maybe iam wrong i will take drawings for printing tomorow

thank you all;)

and... how can i built a canopy?:o

Originally Posted by stargazer

and... how can i built a canopy?

Have you considered Polypropylene? From what I gather from your posts you are not going to fly with this. All you would need to do is first make a positive mould of your canopy. Then using a heat gun melt the Polypropylene sheet over it. Finally trim to fit. Hope this helps.

If you listen, the foam speaks.

i saw the drawings but with first sight i don't they cover the entire cockpit and canopy , for instance it doen't cover the section ahead of the inst. panel

maybe iam wrong i will take drawings for printing tomorow

thank you all;)

and... how can i built a canopy?:o

there aren't any drawings on the canopy. when you build you just buy the canopy already formed and the install it. the canopy goes where it fits over your head, is braced up and you fill in the space between the canopy and the fuselage side with scrap foam. and shape to fit. They all come out a little different. the side view of the front of the fuselage is in the drawing. the nose forward of the F22 has a few dimensions but for the nose it tells you to carve it down until it looks like a nose. every nose is different. when I built the first long ez there was no Terf CD. in fact no CD's period. the drawings have all the dimensions for the bulkheads. the only thing not on the open ez drawings is the full size airfoil hot wire templets.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

If you are just trying it out for fit try a mock-up like mine, following the link below. You will have to plan ahead because you are not building to plans. For instance, the bottom of the fus is not flat!

I just used 10mm & 19mm chipboard, the result is as heavy as a tank but I can guage much better how I will fit in the standard aircraft. I wanted to place the upper longerons & bulkheads in the standard locations, and compare them to the common(?) mods. Rather than spring for a canopy and then decide I wanted a narrower or wider one I just propped up templates of the turtleback/canopy and looked at the pictures. To figure how it would feel to actually have my head in such a position I measured the clearance and tried it out in my car!

Complete WOFTAM to use plans materials for this, if your task is the same as mine.

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

Have you considered Polypropylene? From what I gather from your posts you are not going to fly with this. All you would need to do is first make a positive mould of your canopy. Then using a heat gun melt the Polypropylene sheet over it. Finally trim to fit. Hope this helps.

thank you all again for your feedback

are Polypropylene sheets transparent?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just look around you can buy a incompleted cockpit for cheap...

No building required... just put in you favorite fsx or fs9 stuff in...

I live in greece in order to fly here you need the authorisation of the prime minister!!! think what you need to built an aircraft!!! nobody builts aircrafts here just cockpits for fsx . i just need some dimentions in order to start building nothing more

I live in greece in order to fly here you need the authorisation of the prime minister!!! think what you need to built an aircraft!!! nobody builts aircrafts here just cockpits for fsx . i just need some dimentions in order to start building nothing more

I ear you... just saw on the web a Varie EZ in tub state (no landing gear) for 300$ thats why I was trowing this idea out there...