Opinions/info needed on a Long-EZ for sale

finaltable

So I went and searched controller.com and found a single Long-EZ, http://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft-for-sale/RUTAN-LONG-E-Z/1985-RUTAN-LONG-E-Z/1121954.htm?guid=6FFC3096119F4DBAB9C6EE2133F19178

I am curious to know how that compares to other used EZ's that have been out there in the past. I realize it is only a 235 but for only $31,000 for a complete and flying airplane that I would have plenty of money available toward upgrading avionics or even the engine, though I certainly could fly for a while on a 235 and decide later that I need to go faster.

I'm curious to know if that price is typical of an airplane like that or if that is a "priced to move" range I am not likely to see again.

Looks like an early but decent looking airplane. Old radios, GU canard? (hard to tell), old style P-51 scoop, football wheel pants. A lot depends on your assessment of the engine. Does it have a starter or do you hand-prop it? Price seems a wee bit high to me.

=Kent

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold