Q-200 Tail Wheel Fiberglass Spring

Along with the carbon spars I need, I am also looking for the tail wheel spring made from fiberglass for the tail wheel version of the Q-200.

Something in my dim memory tells me that some were using reshaped and wrapped fiberglass ax handles for these. But-- don't take my word for it.

I Canardly contain myself!

Rich :D

I've heard a Dragonfly spring will fit, and I've also heard Dragonfly builders make their own. I note one for sale on this forum a while ago, might be worth asking: http://www.canardzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2275 Might even be a better idea to burn the Q200 and build the Dragonfly...

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

I've heard a Dragonfly spring will fit, and I've also heard Dragonfly builders make their own. I note one for sale on this forum a while ago, might be worth asking: http://www.canardzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2275 Might even be a better idea to burn the Q200 and build the Dragonfly...

second that! burning the Q200 would be the safest way for it to get off the ground.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

Along with the carbon spars I need, I am also looking for the tail wheel spring made from fiberglass for the tail wheel version of the Q-200.

As Spodman mentioned, I was selling one last year, but it has been sold.

It's pretty easy to make. If you're on the Dragonflylist yahoo group, you can take a look at my write-up in the files section. If you're not a member and want the info, let me know and I can post it for you here.

(BTW, I still have 216 feet of 5" carbon tape used for the Dragonfly spar caps, in case your project uses the same material and you're building from scratch.)

Joe Polenek

Joe

Cozy Mk IV #1550