Help me identify this fuel cap

OK so I need some help Identifying a fuel cap in my Long-EZ that I'm restoring. The caps either need to replaced or need to find another cap that will fit in the receptacle. They use a one piece rubber grommet that gets expanded when the lift tab is depressed. Any case the pictures tell the story better than I can...The outer ring size is 3" while the inner ring size is around 2 5/8". HELP!

http://lisasimpson.homelinux.com/gallery2/v/defiant/indy_long/fuel_cap/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Aircraft Spruce # 10450-1. I use the same one on my LongEZ. Gaskets are #10449

Call them. When I checked their web site, the cap # part number wasnt listed, but the gasket # looks oK.

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com

The number s came out of their 2001 cat. I edited my post, I can't find the cap, but they do have a gasket # still listed. Call and ask them

I just had the number from the web site, looks like the new number for the gasket is 05-01393.

OH, and I would consider attaching the chain. I did have one of these pop off once on a high speed pass. (240 kts) The cap just sat on the strake and looked like a miniature parachute, no bouncing or banging.

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com

Thanks Waiter. I think I'm more in need of a replacement gasket than anything as the current gaskets are hard as a rock...I tried a couple tricks of softening them, but none seemed to work. You don't by any chance have a manufacture info or something like that? I'll call A/S but the more info I have the better...

Thanks again!