CH6 and CH7 have arrived!!!!!

Just got my CH6 and CH7 kits in from Spruce. I inventoried and inspected everything. The down side is my shop is taken up with 2 engine jobs that are waiting on parts and machine shops. So I have to just sit here and wait till I finish them so I can get started again. Its been almost a month and a half since I pumped any epoxy! :sad:

Rob Wiehl

COZY MKIV #1521

• 4 weeks later...

Well....after an insane amount of time since my last layup, I finally got fed up and kicked all of the car projects outside and cleaned up the shop. I set my bench back up to build, changed the blown bulb in my hot box, and started CH 5. I built the jigs and cut the spruce per plans for the sides. Or so I thought. The jigs came out perfect. I cut the spruce the other day when I woke up. Note to self : "NEVER WORK ON PLANE BEFORE COFFEE SETS IN!!" I cut the 5" angle on the wrong side of the .7" X.5" X 60" pieces. I had to order more spruce from ACS. Its on its way. At least I can get the Longerons epoxied while I wait. In other news, I saw my first "real live" cozy for the first time this week. I stopped by my local airport (KEKY) in Bessemer AL. on my way to work, as I normally do several times a week, and long behold...... There sits not only a COZY MKIV on the tarmac, but it was Chris Husselton's (sp?) N540EZ 540 powered retract!!!! What a BEAUTIFUL plane!! Loved the panel setup. Nice paint finish too. I left him my number in the seam of the canopy and introduced myself as a local COZY builder. He called me the next day, and was sorry he missed me at the airport, but he was in for business and left early in the morning to go to NC. I called him back. We talked for a while and he recomended Rough River as a must for this fall. I already planned on attending, but this view of a real COZY at my airport sealed my decision to go for sure. I hope to see Chris and all of you folks there. Anyways, sorry for the long post. I'll post more as I get further along. :D

Rob Wiehl

COZY MKIV #1521