Phoenix Canard

Edge 513

i guess i am going to have to visit you guys at oshkosh :-) will the mains on the kit be fully recessed?

We'll be there, right next to Lancair, just like last year.

The mains retract, but just the very bottom of the wheel protrudes out from the skin. The gear door fairings (not installed on this aircraft) cover up to the brake and axle attach area.

sounds pretty awesome, are controls pull pull or pushrod style? i'm now used to an aerobatic trainer and like the "twitchy" feel of the sensitive controls with no slack.. that's all i will ask until i see you in person i guess.

sounds pretty awesome, are controls pull pull or pushrod style? i'm now used to an aerobatic trainer and like the "twitchy" feel of the sensitive controls with no slack.. that's all i will ask until i see you in person i guess.

Haha, No problem. Caught me in a gap, while doing a few things.

The controls on this aircraft are dual push-pull cables. They're joined at the front and aft, so if one were to fail, controls become heavier, but still functional.

On future aircraft, it will be a solid linkage setup, rods for both aileron and rudder, with a direct link to the elevator. We are currently using a "wobble" stick, like a joystick setup, but will be going to a push/pull arrangement, similiar to the cirrus, in future aircraft. Our biggest issue has been when to stop adding to the first aircraft, and simply say it is "as is", and when to just incorporate the new setups into the second aircraft.

Prior to the show, I hope to update the website with some new photos and videos, but that all depends on timeframe, and Florida's lovely weather.

Thanks for the interest, look forward to meeting you at the show.

-Brian