wing cuffs and flow guides?

wolf.

Dear all, the VE I am rebuilding has the outbord leading edge wingcuffs, I read that reduce roll oscillations. Some have them some don't, could someone enlighten me on their usefullness. The same, the wing has no flow guides, I have seen the flow guides alla Savier, others have the leading edge flow guides like on my long, others have both, again I would like to know more about their effectiveness.

wolf.

Cosy Classic flying (ex LX-ACE)

Varieze N39JC rebuilding

Allthough I have never seen an F4 close up, these seem to be the cuffs, now if they have the same effect as the vortilons I might save myself the hassel of removing them. Is my assumtion right?

Cosy Classic flying (ex LX-ACE)

Varieze N39JC rebuilding

Dear all, the VE I am rebuilding has the outbord leading edge wingcuffs, I read that reduce roll oscillations. Some have them some don't, could someone enlighten me on their usefullness. The same, the wing has no flow guides, I have seen the flow guides alla Savier, others have the leading edge flow guides like on my long, others have both, again I would like to know more about their effectiveness.

wolf.

there is no need to remove the wingcuffs they do exactly the same thing as the vortilons. the ones that changed to vortilons said there is no difference in handling or speed. Some said the cuffs worked better then the vortilons on the higher swept wing of the vari. The vortilon was designed for the long eze and some were installed on later vari ezs because they did not require re-finishing and painting . the trailing edge fences work well on the vari ez to reduce dutch roll at landing speeds allowing a lower landing speed. every vari we have put them on loves them. and yes they do need to be that big to work.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years