slick magneto drive gear

michaelj

I understand that the E-mag/P-mag have theses available.

Initially, however, I seem to remember them having some sort of fitting problems that caused some issues. They have probably long ago solved them.

you might want to look at Aircraft salvage yards to see if any are available from destroyed engines.

I Canardly contain myself!

Rich :D

Thanks for the replies. Yes I'm aware that new mags do not include the gear. My hope was that one of our builders had a spare laying around that they did not need. If I can't purchase one this way I will check the salvage yards.

check on Ebay they come up all the time but expect to pay about $80 to $100 , salvage yard will get about $ 150 to $ 200 or you can get one from Lycoming for $ 489

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

• 4 months later...

schmeddz

EzDriver

Re: slick magneto drive gear

Yep, I found it. Looks in great shape.

Do you still have it? And is it a non-impulse? I am looking for one for my O-235. Since I sent my mag in, I can't find the one I took off, and they insist it wasn't on the mag when they received it.

Harley

schmeddz

EzDriver

Re: slick magneto drive gear

Yep, I found it. Looks in great shape.

Do you still have it? And is it a non-impulse? I am looking for one for my O-235. Since I sent my mag in, I can't find the one I took off, and they insist it wasn't on the mag when they received it.

Harley

I just got a look at your post over the weekend.

I still have two each of impulse and non-impulse gears. I took them to SunNfun and they had several other gears selling there so I brought them back home. Email me at home.

D.