Dennis Passey Front Seat Modifications

Wayne Hicks

I gave myself a Christmas present -- a whole week to work on my Cozy. I completed my version of Dennis Passey's front seat modifications. I also installed a retractable step.

I like the front seat mod. But before you try this at home, please understand it's a personal preference thing. Others prefer to keep the seatpans per plans. Some have even extended the seatpans more forward. I guess it all depends on how you sit in your airplane. I tend to sit with my knees flexed. So the mod works great for me. If you sit with your legs straight out, then the mod may not work for you. One thing's certain, the mod opens up the leg hole. It's alot easier to get your feet and legs through the hole. And...and...I really like my doors.

(Note: I've double-posted as "chapter 8" and "chapter 24.")

post-106-141090158527_thumb.jpg

post-106-141090158529_thumb.jpg

post-106-14109015853_thumb.jpg

Wayne Hicks

Cozy IV Plans #678

http://www.ez.org/pages/waynehicks

Looks great Wayne,

Thanks for keeping up with all your progress so that it makes it easier for us to do it later. I have to make it a point to look you up sometime if I am ever in the area.

Thanks to you too, Dennis, for what you do as well.

Kraig

Wayne put the hinging door spin on my idea. I like that he used simple finger tip pull holes, instead of hardware....smooth simple move.

I originally wanted just some room to put charts, waterbottles, a camera etc....and better foot access. It's definitely usable space if you put the lights in the nose[typical single light under left seat] and move the electrical buses[typical-under right seat] to the sides of the nose as well.

The last item is the trim...if you go electric on the firewall, with a Wright/Hanka assembly...your roll trim can go amscray on the center column.

And the support is NOT missed that goes under your knees...

Heres some pics of my config.

I cant resist...posting this last pic showing builder/friend Ted who came down to see the angled IP effect and the ability to raise the knees for an alternate sitting position on long cruise. His expression says volumes...

[the side boards against the longerons are preparatory to setting the foam blocks against the canopy, that was removed to get Ted in the hotseat.]

post-4661-141090158532_thumb.jpg

post-4661-141090158538_thumb.jpg

post-4661-141090158545_thumb.jpg

post-4661-141090158552_thumb.jpg

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.