Contemplating the Cozy

New guy here.

I am looking at the Cozy IV as a project. I live in Washington State but am moving to New Mexico.

My first question is...

Is there a video (DVD?) that gives an overview of building this plane?

Not necessarily the details, just sort of a step by step overview of what it takes. Just trying to figure out if I have "The Right Stuff" for this project. Also interested in if I might be able to save dollars making my owned machined parts as I own a machine shop.

Thanks

Any body can build one of these. It does not take any really special skills. It does take a lot of determination though. It is like eating the proverbial elephant you do it one bite at a time and over a 2000-3000 time period you get it done. Make up your mind and start Take a bite everyday and eventually it will be done. STeve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Is there a video (DVD?) that gives an overview of building this plane?

You know, I don't think there is, but thats a great idea. I haven't seen the Aircraft Spruce DVD on the Cozy, but their website does mention "Want to know what its like to build a Cozy aircraft?" in the description for the video. See this link...http://aircraftspruce.com/catalog/bvpages/canardDVD.php

Also interested in if I might be able to save dollars making my owned machined parts as I own a machine shop.

Well, I'm not sure if you'd save money, because our machined parts makers charge very reasonable prices. You could look at all the parts the Cozygirrrls list on their website for the cozy to give yourself an idea of what they make and sell. Also do a search on ez noselift, Jack has quite a bit of hardware too. Good Luck with your decision, I think its a fun hobby, and its nice to have something to do as an alternative to sleeping late on the weekends and television in the evenings.

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem