N200LZ: Chillin' in Nebraska

Hey! Thought I'd take a break from that 'Other' forum and come over here where everyone talks about planes. :D

Well the cooler weather is showing up and has spoiled a couple 'Plane Days' for me so I'm moving into my winter quarters.

When I built my house, I put in some pre-stressed concrete decking as the floor for my garage which left me with a 740 sq. ft. basement underneath it. The regular basement is a walkout with double doors so most everything will fit in and out.

The area beneath the garage (affectionatly called 'The Bunker') also has a double door entry. That is the only opening in the entire area so it's a no brainer when it comes to figuring the heating costs.

No doubt the effort to move everything down there will translate into more building days.

My goal is a chapter per month. I'm planning on flying to RR in 2008!

So far I'm on track but who knows.:banana:

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

Hey! Thought I'd take a break from that 'Other' forum and come over here where everyone talks about planes. :D

Imagine that! ;)

Well the cooler weather is showing up and has spoiled a couple 'Plane Days' for me so I'm moving into my winter quarters.

I'm actually looking forward to be holed up in winter. RC modelers refer to the cold months as "the building season".

My goal is a chapter per month. I'm planning on flying to RR in 2008!

Not to slow you down, but don't setup for disappointment. There's a lot to do at the end. Keep going though... 2-year finishers are legendary! Go go go.

I can't make Rough River this year, so the deal is that I get to build the whole weekend.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Not to slow you down, but don't setup for disappointment. There's a lot to do at the end. Keep going though... 2-year finishers are legendary! Go go go.

You haven't been watching TMann check off chapters... he might not make quite 2 years, but he and I started at the same time about a year ago and he's checked of about 3 times as many building chapters in that time.

I'm trying to figure out how he does it!

Craig K.

Cozy IV #1457

building chapter seven!

http://www.maddyhome.com/canardpages/pages/chasingmars/index.html

You haven't been watching TMann check off chapters...

I have and am inspired by the progress. Steve is another here who's just marching through the build.

I'm getting my own build switch back ON this weekend, but don't expect to catch these two.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

I'm trying to figure out how he does it!

It's because I'm building an 'EZ' not an 'OZ' :D

Really, there is a lot more work that goes into a Cozy just from what I've seen on the forum and in looking at the Aerocanard plans.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done