Open-EZ AFM\POH

JLKnolla

Been a while since I checked in, have had several interruptions, read that 'life happens'.

I would like to see how many folks would be interested in a baseline AFM\POH for the Open-EZ? I have an original Long-EZ POH but was thinking I would follow the more standardized GAMA style AFM format.

Basically, I would prepare a Word document that individual builders could then modify to fit their specific aircraft (e.g., rotary engine, retractable gear, warp 5 engines, etc.).

If I were I to charge for something like this, I am curious what the builders out there would be willing to pay for a professional AFM\POH?

As for me, I am not ready to start building yet and am actually considering purchasing a flying Long and making many of the mods I am interested over time - my work will soon be taking me away from home and I need a reliable and efficient way to commute 600-1000 miles every few weeks.

Your thoughts\suggestions appreciated.

John

Dave,

Does that mean you have written a Long-EZ\Open-EZ AFM\POH to GAMA Spec 1 (industry standard nowadays)?

As an experienced Technical Writer and Editor I'd be happy to review it if you want.

I had already started on a GAMA Spec 1 style AFM\POH based on the original Long-EZ POH for my own use and posted the other day to gauge interest from other builders\pilots for a professionally prepared and formatted AFM\POH; if you have done one as well maybe there is an opportunity to share some work and make a great document.

Let me know.

John

John,

It's a RIP of the original, and I am by no means a technical writer...

I'll send you a copy of what I have so far if you'd like, though it is not updated by CP-30 and above yet.

It was basically for my own use (and I must have been extremely bored), tailored for my airplane and I thought I'd put it out there for others to use...

Dave

Long-EZ #582, Hangar 51 Southeast Texas Regional Airport - KBPT

LongEZ-Dave and I have exchanged pleasantries by phone and I have received his file. I will go through it but at first blush it looks like a great starting point.

My thoughts are as above to put together a basic AFM that individual builder\flyers can modify for their specific aircraft. In keeping with the Open-EZ concept, this will be an open-source manual, freely provided.

Recommendations for specific procedures (emergency, abnormal or normal)not contained in the original POH are welcome, as are any other suggestions.

Looking forward to this!!

John