New

primative

Hello,

Really like what I've seen of the IBIS.

Would like to build in wood, not epoxy.

Would like to build amphibian stepped hull in main body?

Would like to consider twin ducted fans above wing.

Would like to know if plans still available and possible cost.

I might be too big/heavy for tandem seat arragement, single ok.

Any thoughts appreciated, thank you, primative. (rolf)

Would like to know if plans still available and possible cost.

Not for the specifications you just listed. For the IBIS? I believe the designer is a member here if you're interested in that plane. I'm sure there's some epoxy used on that even though it's wood.

But... what's wrong with epoxy? It's really not a big deal. I like wood too, and was intimidated by composites, but it's truly been a great experience learning how to work with the materials and what you can do with them.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

• 4 months later...

Jean Claude, the co-designer, is to the best of my knowlegde not a member of this board, but he is visiting this board occasionally.

I met JC a couple of weeks ago during the French RSA Fly-in. He reaffirmed his position, that the basic design will not be taken into new directions. His focus is on incremental refinement of details - not on deriving entirely new concepts from it.

cheers,

Hans

I met JC a couple of weeks ago during the French RSA Fly-in.

Any word on his position about "allowing" plans to be sold in the U.S.A? Last I knew he wasn't willing to sell to anyone here.

Primative, point is that if you want to get IBIS plans, do NOT talk about modifications with Jean Claude!

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Jon,

this is a topic I discussed extensively with JC during my visiting him in July.

Ever since his initial decision to cease distribution to the USA, he has been in contact with other European designers who ceased distribution of plans to the USA as well, most notable of them being Michel Colomban of CriCri fame.

All of these other designers decided to stop selling plans to the USA because the US judicial system exposes them to too much liability. This only reaffirmed JC in his decision. It is my understanding that JC's decision is now irrevocable - not just because of a single builder who modified one part of his plane (and since then reverted back to a per plans configuration), his current motivation is much more about not exposing his company and himself to any unneccesary liabilitiy risk.

bye

Hans