Will produce cad drawings.

mfryer

Great! You can download and print the drawings from this thread.

Contributions are most welcome. I'm looking to update the analog versions in the near future, and would very much like to move to a CAD format after that.

Consider doing just one drawing for starters, and then we can see how to go about packaging into an updgrade of the Open-EZ drawings package.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

I have produced A14. I can generate pdf, dxf, dwg formats. I think it would be a good idea for an experienced builder to review the drawing and perhaps compare to an actual drawing for accuracy to ensure the drawing is correct.

How can I post the files? Perhaps I can email them to you (can you open a dwg?)

Check your personal e-mail for my reply. I received your DWG and PDF files -- they look great -- and returned some feedback to you. See about those changes and then I can show you how to attach here (or I can do when I receive your updates).

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

• 2 months later...

I have produced A14. I can generate pdf, dxf, dwg formats. I think it would be a good idea for an experienced builder to review the drawing and perhaps compare to an actual drawing for accuracy to ensure the drawing is correct.

How can I post the files? Perhaps I can email them to you (can you open a dwg?)

Can you Pl. send the drawing to me also.

Adam

adam_kt1@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I am going to take another stab at producing some cad drawings. I have a little better understanding now of the build process and hard copies of the templates to aid.

I am going to start by producing cad drawings of the original templates (24x18 drawings). I will then work on versions that might be easier to use. (full templates without having to match line anything).

I will need some help throughout reconciling some discrepancies. The hard copy I have indicates the instrument panel at 22-1/4. Some other sources show a different overall measurement. Is 22-1/4" Correct?

If you wanted CAD drawings all you had to do was ask :) . Here are the wing templates, in one piece so no match lines are required. All I have to do is add the talking numbers for cutting and some labels.

The reason I have not posted these previously is because I have not printed them and checked then against the OpenEZ templates. If anyone can verify they are correct I will finish them off.

The 3D wing I posted in another thread was developed using these templates.

They are in AutoCAD 2004 format. If you have an earlier version of AutoCAD use DWG gateway which is a free download from the solidworks site.

Core Templates.zip

Adrian Smart

Cozy IV #1453

I just finished cutting out my wing templates so I can run a compare. I'm running AutuCad 2004 as well and have a plotter.

I figure I can lay my paper copies (already cut out) over the CAD drawings and give you some accurate feedback.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

Guys I'm really excited about these autocad drawings that are being drawn up. I "m hoping to start building the plane this fall. If I can help anyway please email. We have a :banana: 36" wide plotter here at work that I have access to, if anyone needs me to plot out the cad drawings and compare to the orginal templates would be willing to do.

By the way got an email back from Tonya Rutan stating that they have closed RAF and are no longer selling any items.

Larry Drake

Thanks, I have the 3d wing file and DWG gateway. I will compare it to the drawing I have completed as well.

In the meantime I intend to complete full drawings and add what ever other information to the cad files as well (roncz canard if possible, rudder drawings etc). My goal is to have as complete a set of drawings as possible.

Has anyone had an opportunity to print my CAD airfoil templates yet ???

If so I'd like to hear about it and how they turned out compared to the originals and if they are OK I'll add the talking numbers and so forth and John can add it to the OpenEZ package.

Adrian Smart

Cozy IV #1453

• 1 month later...

I have completed cad versions of A-1 and almost A-2.

Half of A-2 is the cannard templates and my thought was not to bother as most people will want to use the new cannard design.

Thoughts?

I will post the cad file and pdfs to date.....

• 10 months later...

This is the first time I have attached any files so pardon me if this didn't work.

The zipfile contains:

A-1

A-2 (without canard templates)

A-2.5 (also called A-2B. This PDF is both A-1 and A-2 joined and formated for 24x36)

Anyone get a chance to run a compare on these yet?