Must sell my Long EZ Project

Allred

:sad:

Due to problems of many years duration, I am at last concluding that I will never finish my Long EZ project. Therefore, in hopes someone else can do so, I am offering for sale everything related to it, including;

1. A full set of original plans & license to build, including Sections l & ll, original templates, owners manual, and all pertinent original issues of Canard Pusher newsletter.

2. A subtantially completed fuselage with retractable landing brake, retractable landing light, and retractable boarding step installed. Main gear attachments are installed. Main landing gear hoop with attachment "ears" and brake & pee lines fabricated and new axles & axle nuts installed. Brock Manufacturing hardware used through-out. Stainless steel fire wall. Also included, along with partially built "new" canard, Brock Manufacturing canard hardware to finish it, and two rough-finished rudder "bottom fins".

3. New Cleveland wheels, brake discs, brake calipers, hub-caps, and tires are available. Nose wheel strut is available. 2 New aircraft lap & shoulder belt sets.

4. Used Sticky Stuff epoxy pump, used plans-built epoxy balance-beam, 2 Rutan VHS video cassettes on Rutan aircraft and composite aircraft construction, two hot-wire cutting tool variable heat/power sources, Approximately 1/2 carton of 3" E-glass, and used main spar construction jig.

5. Optional, extra cost, original plans for; high performance rudders, NACA Inlet, Debbie's Air Brake, and the "new airfoil" canard.

Probably more - I have uploaded numerous photo files which you can view by clicking one at a time, at this URL: http://allreds.net/~robert/Long_EZ/ or, download all the photos to your computer for easier viewing by downloading the last (13 meg folder) zip file on the directory list.

I would like $2,250 or best offer, cash, for everything. But, it must be picked up in Salt Lake City, Utah! (I don't want to go to the hassle & expense of packaging for shipping, and don't think it would ship safely, anyway. It is possible I could assist with delivery for cost of expenses.

I will not sell the original plans or templates (paragraph #1) separately, They must accompany items in paragraph #2.

I will sell items in paragraph #2 without the plans, but all Paragraph #2 must go together in one sale.

I will sell just about everything else (paragraphs 3, 4, and 5, separately for best reasonable offer (at half or more of comparable retail as per current Aircraft Spruce catalog or website). I won't split logical "groups" of products, i.e. wheels from brakes, etc.) Make me an offer on what you want or need, if we make a deal I can ship the smaller items, and will adjust the total sales price accordingly for the remainder.

Terms: Payment is to be cash (GREEN-BACKS, NO CHECKS!) at time of pick-up within 10 days, or Pay-Pal in advance to bob@allreds.net. 10% non-refundable deposit will hold items for 30 day delayed pickup.

To start, contact me via e-mail, bob@allreds.net. If we come to general terms, I'll send phone #, and we can conclude details by verbally.

post-2042-141090155064_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some answers to a couple of questions frequently asked about my project:

1. Overall Dimensions of largest components & estimated weight:

Fuselage 104" x 25" x 35"

Partially finished canard 130" x 10" 3"

Main spar Jig 112" x 15" x 14"

Main landing gear & axles 7" x 64" x 35"

The rest of the parts, tools, and supplies are small enough to be easily transported.

I do not have acccess to handy scales, but estimate the whole project would weigh less than 250 lbs??

2. I am the orginal buyer and builder of the project as far as it has been built.

3. Materials used were as specified in RAF plans, i.e. Safe-T-Poxy, and foam

supplied by Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co, and hardware from Brock Mfg. Co.

4. Plans have been updated as per updates published in Canard Pusher newsletters, which are included.

5. There are no deviations from the plans, which were followed to the letter, except to install landing brake, landing light, and retractable step as per supplemental plans, also included.

Thanks for looking

Allanon; Mr. Allred has built his fuselage from plans ( from scratch ). I have been to his home in Riverton Utah and checked out his plane. He has the fuselage built, the landing gear with the axles installed and the bolt attachments on the fuselage. He has the canard approximately half done ( it needs the top skin on it. His plans are complete. He has templates, roncs canard plans from RAF, wheels, tires brakes and seatbelts and quite a few more items including two RAF videos. He has the epoxy cups that record the proper mixture of each batch (each cup corresponds with the build of the plane.

Mr. Allred has done a beautiful job of putting together his fuselage. He let me sit in the fuselage. I found out that I am just too big for a stock Long Ez because he let me sit in his. If it werent for that I would definately have it sitting in my garage right now. Bob is a super nice guy. He has accurately described what he is offering. I believe that his offer is a great deal. The plans that he has are genuine licensed plans. They sell for up to $1200.00 from what I have seen. With licensed plans and a prebuilt fuselage that is as I have said beautifully done his asking price is very reasonable. You just do'nt come accross Long Ez plans every day.

I am starting to sound like his cousin but I have only met him once.

In my opinion Bob's offer is great because the fuselage is a less criticle part of the plane structurally. I would lean towards buying a partially built airplane preferably if the very important parts of the plane were going to be built by me myself and I. Bob's offer gives you the advantage of being in that place of doing the wings, firewall and most critical components yourself. Leaving you to not wonder what is under the skin. Even the canard is open for that interpretation not having the top skin on yet.

Like I say if I were'nt going in the direction of a narrow bodied cozy IV Bob's stuff would be sitting in my garage.

Hey Bob .........You owe me a cold one for the infomercial

.....................Mike

He had some photos if you follow the link. I was consideringing buying it, but I need to stay focused and get my current project flying.:sad:

IMHO: This project would be an excellent kick start for someone who is serious about building. Even if you decided to take a chain saw to the fuselage and partial canard, you would still be money ahead just with the plans and the hardware included. This is a good deal, JUMP.

Darn near talked myself into it again. - STAY FOCUSED WAITER

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com

I found out that I am just too big for a stock Long Ez because he let me sit in his.

I'm pretty big myself... 6'4" around 255 lbs. Is this to little a plane for me?

"Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not."

--George Bernard Shaw

For you, probably OK, If you intend to haul your identical twin (same size and weight) as a GIB, This may not work on a continuing basis. Its not so much a weight issue, its, physically, uncomfortable for the GIB.

You need to try one on for size, both front and back.

AS far as the back seat, if they can fit in it, I'll take them for a ride.

I've hauled some pretty big people in the back seat of mine. One memorable GIB was indeed an Ex-Air Force F4(D) GIB (With the 49th TFW when we were in Takhli Thailand, circa 1972). He was just about your size and weight, and was just about the tightest fit you could get in the back seat of a LongEZ

After the flight, his remarks were "Most fun I've had since Vietnam".

On the other hand, I have a friend whose about 6ft and weighs about 180, he won't fit. He has an unusually tall torso, but shorter than normal legs. I can't get the canopy closed when h's in the back seat.

Waiter

Backseat, I'm not worried about. My wife is about 5' 11" and weighs around 135 (don't mention to her that I said that) and she'll probably be the tallest person to ride back there. I've also thought about just going balls to the walls and building the Cozy Mark IV. I like the 2+2 config and it seems much more roomier... but who knows at this point, right now I'm a guy with a dream... but a guy can always dream can't he?

"Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not."

--George Bernard Shaw

She may fit OK, as long as she's not one of those Tall torso people that I described.

This is my opinion, I like the tandem seating. Although I take a lot of people for rides. I built the plane for what I want, an F16 fighter. I'm not interested in my plane being a taxi service, --- WELL, EXCEPT MAYBE THIS ONE TIME --- WOW - MEMORY TIME ---

I was in South Lake Tahoe in Feb 1999, The airport had just reopened after a major snow storm, but the commercial flights had already canceled. There were two REALLY S--- H-- girls that said they would do ANYTHING, and they reiterated ANYTHING, to get a ride to San Jose. This is the ONLY time I regretted having a tandem. :bad: :bad: :bad:

Where was I??? Oh yah!

Visibility is excellent from the front, and very good from the rear ( I have strake windows so the GIB can see down). Although the GIB is reclined and comfortable, they can't move around a lot. When I have the Goldfish with me on a trip, I usually keep the legs to a max of three hours (unless she gives approval to extend)

On those very rare occations that I need to haul a couple people, I either rent as plane (twice in fifty years), or more often then not, Drop The Goldfish and her friend off at the airport, The friends husband and I Hop in my plane, fly to the destination, pick up a rental car, then go wait for a couple hours at the airline terminal for the Goldfish and her friend to arrive.

Waiter

Wow! thanks to Mark for the endorsement.

I have accepted a purchase deposit against the entire project, with buyer to complete payment upon picking up the whole lot within the next few weeks.

So...thanks to all who have shown interest or made comments. I hope all of you are able to fulfill your dreams.

In the event the sale is not completed as planned, I have kept track of inquiries and will advise and re-post.

Allred

Riverton, Utah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I am sorry to say, that after a long delay, and frustration, the purchaser of my Long EZ project is not able to complete our deal. :sad:

Thus it is again offered for sale, complete as per the description in the first message of this thread. Photos are still available for viewing or down loading at http://allreds.net/~robert/Long_EZ/

There have been a number of folks who inquired during the past months, who expressed interest if the sale failed. I have some of their e-mails, and will attempt to notify them directly. If I don't respond to all, I apologize, and hope this notice will suffice.

Note: This time around I will be much more demanding of the buyer, for prompt payment, $2250 CASH, and prompt pickup of the project.:irked:

Otherwise, please e-mail me with any questions.

bob@allreds.net

That's too bad. I've always liked the Long EZ and have wanted one for a while. The other half finally decided it for me though and we're picking up a Cozy IV project this weekend. I'm just up by Boise and it wouldn't even have been a long trip. Hope you get it sold!

• 1 month later...