Progress report on my IBIS project

H.Zwakenberg

Hi Group,

it's time for a progress report: last week I took over a partially completed IBIS project. The French builder (Mr. F. Dulin) had had his project on halt for more than three years.

The wood-working part on the fuselage is about three-quarters ready, the same goes for the canard wing. The winglets/directional control surfaces are probably less than 50% ready. The main gear Ash laminate is finished. The main wing is not started yet. Apart from the bottom inside of the fuselage, nothing was covered with plywood yet, so that I still had the chance to inspect everything thoroughly.

Apart from the stuff mentioned above, the deal included all the wood need to complete the entire aircraft - main wing including. Still missing in the materials department are the instruments, avionics and engine. Other than that, I pretty much have all I need to complete the ship.

I've put some pictures and descriptions on my RJ.03 IBIS homebuilt aircraft web pages, go to 'progress' and check out the sections about the fuselage and the landing gear. I'll add information about the canard wing sometime next week.

Enjoy!

Hans

Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing about your building progress.

I've put some pictures and descriptions on my RJ.03 IBIS homebuilt aircraft web pages, go to 'progress' and check out the sections about the fuselage and the landing gear. I'll add information about the canard wing sometime next week.

One question about your site -- do you NEED all those google ads on every single page? It's distracting to the point where I refrain from visiting your site now.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Hi Jon,

hopefully the number of progress reports will increase! Taking over another project is a great way to get a head start which I hope to be able to leverage now that I finally started renovating my double garage.... It's been too long that I postponed this job...

As to your question about those Google ads: for me it's more a matter of learning about them than needing it. My IBIS site is only used to test new concepts before employing them on other sites. To make it not too intrusive, 95% of the pages have but a single block, almost always on the same location. For visitors with rather low resolution displays you might have a point, as the single ad block will show up more prominently above the fold there. I'm either on a 1600x1200 or 1280x1024 display, so it's not taking too much screen real estate. I think I'm going to keep my test-bed, because so far I learned a lot from it.

bye

Hans

hopefully the number of progress reports will increase! Taking over another project is a great way to get a head start which I hope to be able to leverage now that I finally started renovating my double garage.... It's been too long that I postponed this job...

Absolutely! Keep going -- it's very rewarding.

For visitors with rather low resolution displays you might have a point, as the single ad block will show up more prominently above the fold there. I'm either on a 1600x1200 or 1280x1024 display, so it's not taking too much screen real estate.

I live on dual-monitor 1280x1024+ systems. It's not a matter of how much real estate those ADS take up, but that they're right smack in the middle of your content. 'Obnoxious' is another word that comes to mind. I don't mean to offend; just being open with the impression it makes on me. Maybe others feel differently, but again, I personally choose NOT to visit your site because of this.

Regardless, congrats on your acquisition and do keep us posted.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV