Howells AeroEngines

JCPJCP

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Problems:

1) The blower was shearing off it's shaft on shutdown.

2) The "Gemini" diesel, which appears to be a direct decedent of this design, alludes to crankshaft failures on their web page.

What I'm saying is that there appears to be issues with each of the long awaited diesel designs. Be it Zoche, DeltaHawk, Wilksch, or DAIR (now Howels and FTI Diesel Tech), each one has been delayed by some undisclosed design problem.

Not that designs based upon Automotive Diesel blocks are any better, as they all seem to be chewing up gear boxes.

regards

JCP

Problems:

1) The blower was shearing off it's shaft on shutdown.

2) The "Gemini" diesel, which appears to be a direct decedent of this design, alludes to crankshaft failures on their web page.

What I'm saying is that there appears to be issues with each of the long awaited diesel designs. Be it Zoche, DeltaHawk, Wilksch, or DAIR (now Howels and FTI Diesel Tech), each one has been delayed by some undisclosed design problem.

Not that designs based upon Automotive Diesel blocks are any better, as they all seem to be chewing up gear boxes.

regards

JCP

Wilksch must be ahead of the others.

Bill Allen, made first flight in his Wilksch powered long eze on saturday.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

Wilksch must be ahead of the others.

Bill Allen, made first flight in his Wilksch powered long eze on saturday.

I dunno about that. DH has been flying a DH-powered Velocity for some time now (I think its almost 2 years now, but don't quote me on that). But one flying plane does not mean they have a reliable and manufacturable engine.

Of course, I dunno who Bill Allen is. If that's a customer, nevermind me.

I dunno about that. DH has been flying a DH-powered Velocity for some time now (I think its almost 2 years now, but don't quote me on that). But one flying plane does not mean they have a reliable and manufacturable engine.

Of course, I dunno who Bill Allen is. If that's a customer, nevermind me.

Bill Allen rebuilt a long eze that had been flying for over 20 years and removed the O-200 for the wilksch engine and has done a great job and it is a big step forward for the engine. check out his web site.

http://www.longezediesel.com/

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years