Hello from me, based in the UK

Hi i have been lurking around here for a while and have decided to become more active, im a propulsion technician in the airforce at am in the norfolk area

im looking to start an open ez build early next year, i am wanting to equip it with a T58 or Gnome engine with my own fueling mods (and probably reheat for a laugh) instead of a recipricating engine :D

i am also planning to add retractable gear to my ez

the chances are i wont be flying it in the UK as i am planning on moving over to the US when my time in the service is up

Wow, now that would have a level of climb performance not seen yet. Keep in mind that there's a Vne for these planes that hasn't been practically tested. However, you're starting to see some playing with high performance powerplants, so you may not entirely be alone.

Still, much more than I could handle, but I'd sure like to see something like that. Maybe when/if the Rocket Racing League starts its first season. :)

Welcome to the club.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

yeah im aware of the VNE i do know that the berkut have achieved a higher VNE with there aircraft so it must be possible

however a climb performance like that would be its biggest grin factor i reckon (aswell as the noise)

high speed at a sustained rate would be impracticle as fuel is limited on the ez

i belive under wing tanks will probably be needed

FWIW, I gather *some* Vnes have been identified in the 215-260kts (250-300mph) range.

Each plane is unique, so you should be prepared for your wings to tear off at some point while you're identifying your own Vne.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

guess we shall find out ;)

I hope you do! :banana: And I mean it. I like that people are still putting the "experimental" classification to real use! :D Good luck but just remember that you have to expect to pull it off and scrap the whole plane if/when something happens.

Barry Walker

Saving for a set of Cozy MKIV plans/kit and large "shed" (in that order). If I don't have the plans and start building when the "shed" is done, my wife will find another use for the "empty" space!

well admittedly im not the first to do it Greg Richter has already done it in his cozy jet, however i want to take it a lil further and do some things a lil different

im also looking into the possibility of powering my jet with biofuels aswell as being compatible with Avtur altho this will require some bench testing to ensure that air fuel ratios and TGT temps are within limits