Canard Camp Chairs

Get the ultimate accessory for the next fly-in, your own Cozy Camp Chair, customized with your plane and your plane's numbers or name. This chair folds up and a pair of them can be stashed inside a baggage pod, or in the rear seat.

This seat is comfortable with a padded shoulder area and breathable mesh in the back. It has two beverage holders in the arm-rests, and a safety locking system to keep the chair from folding up and pinching fingers. The accompanying bag is also embroidered with your plane's N-number or name. XL Cozy Camp Chairs are available in Navy (shown) and Gray.

There are two less-deluxe versions available in varying colors. A very compact arm-less chair weighing 5 lbs. is $35.00 and a 7 lb. arm chair is $40.00. The Cozy Mk. IV is available now, but other canards will be available soon.

PM me to order or for more details.

-- Len

post-685-141090153233_thumb.jpg

-- Len Evansic, Cozy Mk. IV Plans #1283

Do you need a Flightline Chair, or other embroidered aviation accessory?

In addition to the original retract-version of the Cozy, I now have the plans, fixed gear version and the Velocity SE FG. It's not too late to get one or two before Christmas. Any of these designs can be customized to your paint scheme at no extra charge.

-- Len

post-685-141090153239_thumb.jpg

post-685-141090153241_thumb.jpg

We are accepting orders now, and the first 8 or so can be delivered for Christmas. I have two more Velocities ready, and I'm working on an alternative XL/XL-5 that doesn't have the near canard buried over the body. This is not a problem if you want your XL or XL-5 matching a paint scheme other than basic white .

On deck are the Velocity XL FG, Long EZ, Vari-Eze, and Berkut...

-- Len

post-685-141090153261_thumb.jpg

post-685-141090153263_thumb.jpg

OK, I finished up the Long EZ this evening. The Vari-Eze is about half done, and should be finished tomorrow. There is still time to order one or more of these for Christmas delivery. Like the others, the gear can be "retracted" on the Long EZ.

-- Len

post-685-141090153522_thumb.jpg

Len, they look great, and I'll certainly consider myself when I'm ready to load up with some more stuff.

One thing you should do is change the names of the Cozy Mark IV and Long-EZ to use the official spelling (spell out 'Mark' and note the dash in Long-EZ). Also note the case of the letters in 'VariEze' and the absence of a dash.

The official names of all of these planes are listed in the Model Specifics section here. I have taken great care to research the correct names.

Also, I'm not picking on you -- even active builders seem to ignore the plans titles and refer to their planes as VeriEzes, VariEZs, Vari-Ezes, etc.

Hope that helps.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Thanks Jon. I guess I've seen so many variations, I can't keep them straight anymore :D. Actually naming issues are one thing keeping me from posting my Cozy/Cozy III/Cosy/Cozy Classic design. Changing the images is easy enough to do.

-- Len

Thanks Jon. I guess I've seen so many variations, I can't keep them straight anymore :D.

That's what originally motivated me to get them straight.

Actually naming issues are one thing keeping me from posting my Cozy/Cozy III/Cosy/Cozy Classic design.

Using your list here, I can tell you:

• Cozy - this was the original 3-place, and then renamed to the Cozy III
  • Cozy III - a valid name
  • Cosy - no such model
  • Cozy Classic - No 'z' -- should be 'Cosy Classic'
Should be all in the Model Specifics forum, mentioned earlier, but let me know if you (or anyone else) disagrees w/me.

I am impressed with the quality of these embroideries!

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

...I am impressed with the quality of these embroideries!

Thanks! I've hand-digitized all of them from flying pictures or from Pov-Ray rendered, CAD-derived models. We searched for existing embroidery designs, but they were all too small (scaling poorly), too expensive (~$75.00 each), and too restrictive with licensing. My hope is that I can fund my building with selling these chairs. Right now, my wife is chattering about expanding into the larger market of experimental designs and setting up shop in the FlyMart at Oshkosh. I'm hoping to sell some chairs (or other things) before then, to get started in my build and to hopefully make enough to pay for gas to tow her trailer to Oshkosh.

I'm going to try to use the inlining image tag here to post correctly named pictures, and a better-quality Velocity image.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-- Len

For those people wandering over here from the Velocity list, welcome! Please take a few seconds to kick the tires and register with the forum. This place is open to all canardians, and registration will allow you to send me a Private Message (PM) if you want to order chairs.

Sadly, Christmas delivery is no longer possible, but there's still time for Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Years, and Orthodox Christmas!

The VariEze should finally be done and posted this evening. We've been busy trying to lay the ground work for a web site, and current pricing will probably change at that point. Also, we will be offering other embroidered items (hats, shirts, jackets, etc.) which can be customized with your plane.

-- Len

• 2 weeks later...

After a much-too-long wait, I finally finished the VariEze design. Between extended family visits and the ensuing extended family flu, we've been delayed in finishing new designs. Our first cut of a website will be launched next week, so expect a link shortly.

We do try to make designs that people want, and Mike (Fearless) alluded to a customization in the "What airplane stuff did you get for Christmas?" thread. Apologies to Chrissi and Randi for not giving a heads-up in advance, but the Cozy Girrrls Strakes are a popular mod for current builders, and we've added this mod to the Cozy Mark IV design.

In the new design pipeline are the Velocity 173, the Velocity XL in a different position, and our first non-canard planes. Of course, any firm interest in any design mentioned or not, will jump to the front of the queue.

-- Len

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

First off, I want to thank our current customers who have taken the chance to buy chairs from us. We enjoy making them, and appreciate your business.

For everyone still watching this thread, I have to say that it's finally up! We're rolling out our new website for the camp chairs. Not everything is fully working yet, but enough is there to get an idea of what products we are offering.

The price of the chairs has unfortunately gone up, but don't worry. For the original chair shown at the beginning of this thread (now called the "Flying Ace" chair), we will be honoring the original price quoted here for all Canard Zone and Canard Community members. That means only $45.00 for the personalized Flying Ace chair, with a personalized bag, which is a savings of $15.00. For this discount, just mention the forum in your order e-mail.

We still have a lot of work to do on the site. Expect improvements at a rapid rate.

-- Len

I have an E Racer, would it be possible to get a chair or two if I send you a inflight color picture?

Yes! We are always looking for new designs, and we try to capture all of these planes in-flight. I'll contact you off-forum for details.

-- Len

Len, one quick question. Would it be possible for you to post or link to pictures of the different chairs? I know I don't need all of the beef and heft of the Ace, but I don't have any way to compare it to the other three to see what I really need, and I don't want to wait until OSH to come by your booth and try them out :D

-dave

This is not a sig. This is a duck. Quack.

The FlightlineChairs.com website has been updated with other products that may be of interest to builders and flyers. Hats, shirts, neckties, laptop bags and duffel bags. Our news page has also been updated with the status of upcoming designs.

-- Len

Just a quick note to all who may have e-mailled us in the last week, we're still dealing with some e-mail issues that are in the realm of black magic. I've just received a bounce from a message sent five days ago to an AOL account, so it may take a bit more time to fully resolve the issue. We will be contacting anyone who has gotten through to us via alternative e-mail addresses and forum Private Messages. We also want to thank everyone for their patience while we figure this out.

-- Len

I think we've finally licked the e-mail problem (hopefully). We're still filling out the site with more stuff. The first two non-canard designs were added tonight, the Thorp T-18 and Van's RV-6. We've added a privacy policy and a Customs Paint Jobs page, with special thanks to John Slade for graciously allowing us to use a picture of the Slick Kitten with his customized Flying Ace chair. The "News" page has more details about upcoming products. There are other tweaks and additions, so poke around.

http://FlightlineChairs.com

-- Len

This morning, we added the Velocity XL FG model, and while we were at it, replaced the XL RG design. I wasn't completely satisfied with the original RG design, and was able to add more details and give it a better presentation.

The next few additions will be more conventional planes. On deck are the Lancair PropJet, IV, and Legacy, as well as the RV-3 and RV-4. Of course, the E-Racer is coming as soon as we can finish the design, and any requests for designs that we don't currently have, will take precedence.

http://flightlinechairs.com

-- Len