New Yahoo group about Aircraft Propeller Building - one day you'll need a prop....

H.Zwakenberg

Hi Canard Zone members,

preparing for my experimental IBIS canard project, I discovered that propeller design and propeller building information isn't really collected in a single place, so that everyone can benefit from it.

To this end, I set up a Yahoo-group about exactly this topic.

One day, you'll be ready with your project build and engine installation and you're going to need a prop. Please consider joining our Experimental Aircraft Propeller Building Group by opening the following URL:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/propeller/join

take care,

Hans

My homebuilt aircraft project

http://ibis.experimentals.de/

Thanks Jon, for that link. I included it in the links list on the Yahoo group.

Since my initial call anouncing this new group a couple of days ago, we've had over 130 members to sign up! I don't know if this is 'standard Yahoo operating practice' but these numbers keep amazing me to no end....

Thanks Jon, for that link. I included it in the links list on the Yahoo group.

Here's another: http://www.canardzone.com/members/PhillipJohnson/Propeller/building_the_propeller.htm

Since my initial call anouncing this new group a couple of days ago, we've had over 130 members to sign up!

That's fairly amazing. If I get brave enough to do the same, maybe I can consider. Perhaps I can do so with a homebuilt CNC machine I've been fancying these past few months...

I have time on this consideration... :rolleyes:

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

• 1 month later...

Hans, I'd like to build my own prop, no mistake about it. However, the magnitude of the task, the need for absolute accuracy and repeatability in two or three blades in three dimensions, combined with the disastrous results if something would go wrong, again combined with the relatively low price for a two or three blade Ivo in-flight adjustable prop, made me decide to buy. I wish you and the members of the prop forum lots of success in your endeavour.

Kumaros

It's all Greek to me