Another Noob

I've been interested in aviation and kit building for a long time but have not yet pulled the trigger on either a piltos license or building a plane. Just a bunch of flying in other folks planes over the years, annual EAA membership and some fly-ins. First it was work, then buying a house then kids... Always something delaying the dream. :o

I've always like the canard designs (Velocity, Cozy, Long EZ, Berkut). Recently my scheming to get started on a project as escalated. I'm pretty close to the point of pulling the funds together to start on a Cozy Mark IV. (at least get the license and plans to start reviewing). I saw the eBay listing of the partially completed project a day too late. :(

Finding the support groups and builder web pages is all part of my buidling plans. Hopefully I'll be around for some time, just hope that mine isn't a 15 year odyssey to finally get one built. :rolleyes:

I've been interested in aviation and kit building for a long time but have not yet pulled the trigger on either a piltos license or building a plane. Just a bunch of flying in other folks planes over the years, annual EAA membership and some fly-ins. First it was work, then buying a house then kids... Always something delaying the dream. :o

There's nothing wrong with those priorities.

I've always like the canard designs (Velocity, Cozy, Long EZ, Berkut). Recently my scheming to get started on a project as escalated. I'm pretty close to the point of pulling the funds together to start on a Cozy Mark IV. (at least get the license and plans to start reviewing).

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Finding the support groups and builder web pages is all part of my buidling plans. Hopefully I'll be around for some time, just hope that mine isn't a 15 year odyssey to finally get one built. :rolleyes:

2 years or 15, the day you fly it will make it all worth it. (I'm saying this to myself as well).

Carlos Fernandez

AeroCanard FG

Plans #206

Chp. 13

aerocanard.kal-soft.com

Sales & Support

GRT Avionics

Just a bunch of flying in other folks planes over the years, annual EAA membership and some fly-ins.

There's nothing wrong with that at all. It's how I've lived since 1984. I've got plans on order though, and hopefully I'll get my first epoxy-stained shirt this winter. Welcome to the almost-builders club :D

-dave

This is not a sig. This is a duck. Quack.

I've been interested in aviation and kit building for a long time but have not yet pulled the trigger on either a piltos license or building a plane. Just a bunch of flying in other folks planes over the years, annual EAA membership and some fly-ins. First it was work, then buying a house then kids...

Sounds like my life, but I finally got started a year ago, lost my build space, and am in the process of reorganizing my life a bit to setup for proper building. I don't have a pilot's license either, and have consciously decided not to pursue this until I'm near-done building. In the meantime I can play with a simulator.

Hopefully I'll be around for some time...

Now that is entirely up to you. I say, "go for it". :)

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV