Copperstate 2005

Just got home for the evening after flying Blonde Streak over to Casa Grande to the Copperstate fly-in. Not much is there yet, but Friday and Saturday are typically bigger days. We left Chandler municipal around 1:15 for the 15 minute flight. I took the plane up earlier in the day for a few touch and go's - the mornings are starting to cool off some, so it was pleasant. After landing and cleaning up the plane we loaded up. I took all three of my daughters with me - a first! Susan drove the van down to meet us and provide our ride home. I'll leave the plane there during the fly-in and drive back again each day. Looking forward to meeting anyone that can make it.

Brian DeFord

Cozy MK-IV N309BD 'Blonde Streak'

Added some pictures from Copperstate 2005. First one is of myself and the 3 littlest Blonde Streaks next to Blonde Streak after arrival. I had the fortune of having Cory Bird's beautiful Symmetry parked head to head with Blonde Streak. The next photo shows Symmetry in the forground with Blonde Streak in the background - much as it was all day! The crowds around Symmetry never let up. The next two are of Cozy N22AZ originally built by Robin Dubois. They were just leaving as I took the picture. Next is Doug Pitzer's Cozy MK-IV N433DP - a very pretty Cozy!

post-994-141090153138_thumb.jpg

post-994-141090153144_thumb.jpg

post-994-14109015315_thumb.jpg

post-994-141090153155_thumb.jpg

Brian DeFord

Ahmed Asif flew his Cozy N509MS in from California. So did Jorgen Skovbjerk in his Cozy N655DK both are pictures below. There were half a dozen LongEZ's and VariEZ's in attendance as well. The last photo is some of them grazing - sorry I didn't get details.

post-994-141090153161_thumb.jpg

post-994-141090153167_thumb.jpg

post-994-141090153173_thumb.jpg

Brian DeFord

Looks like a great fly-in -- good weather, small and a bunch of canards.

I also notice that Jorgen's Cozy III (2nd pic in the 2nd set) has full-length rudders and no lower winglets. There's another discussion here about whether full-length rudders are a worthwhile modification. I'm planning on keeping the lower winglets, but likely not as tall. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the report Brian!

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Sounds like great fun. I missed that show by 1 week in 2003.

How about posting a picture or two?

The first photo is "glass row" on Thursday; the second is Friday morning.

The organizers seriously underestimated the canard participation and "glass row" filled up by 08:30 Friday. They had to start squeezing the canards in whereever they could among the RVs.

Dale R. (___

COZY MkIV-R13B #1254 |----==(___)==----|

Ch's 4, 5, 9, 16 & 23 in progress o/ | \o

http://www.canardzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388

post-471-141090153179_thumb.jpg

post-471-141090153182_thumb.jpg

They had to start squeezing the canards in whereever they could among the RVs.

I hope no RVs were harmed...

Looks like HTML mutilated your signature. Try putting '.' characters in to preserve the space.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV