Gary Hunter / Jerry Schneider

Jon Matcho

Congratulations to Jerry Schneider, who has been made famous in Gary Hunter's Oshkosh 2005 presentation titled 'Epoxy Resins DO's and DON'Ts'. You can find the presentation at http://www.cozybuilders.org/Oshkosh_Presentations/index.htm (slides 26-28).

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

I missed it live too, but am grateful that Gary decided to let Marc share it with the community.

On to Jerry's shop. I had thought about putting up a temporary structure for a workshop, but my wife wouldn't let me. Have you had any regrets or wishes with your setup? How much did it cost to erect and outfit?

Thanks for any further info in advance.

-- Len

-- Len Evansic, Cozy Mk. IV Plans #1283

Do you need a Flightline Chair, or other embroidered aviation accessory?

I had thought about putting up a temporary structure for a workshop, but my wife wouldn't let me. Have you had any regrets or wishes with your setup? How much did it cost to erect and outfit?

There's someone 2 houses down from me who has a tent structure (not as nice as Jerry's), but we decided against it as well.

Here was my original plan and related activities:

• Make room in my 1.2 acre wooded lot for a detached garage/hangar.
  • Spent ~$2,500 hacking some trees down and chipping myself.
  • Spent ~$10,000 having a professional finish it.
  • Spent ~$10,000 w/friends, a dozer, back-hoe, trees, dirt, grass seed and mulch.
  • Realize I'm out of money for the detached garage/hangar.
  • Spent $6,639 on a 12'x22' prefab "shed" from www.kloterfarms.com (I can actually put a car in here if I want to).
  • Will spend ~$5,000 reworking my 2-car garage into a shop, after shed arives. I just found out, after talking to an architect, that it IS reasonably possible to remove the lolly columns in my garage and setup for a double door (or removable column).
If I had to do it over again, I'd keep the wooded lot, just clear a small spot for the same shed, and just do the improvements to the 2-car attached garage. Seeing all that money makes me wince.

It's going to be good, and we'll eventually have a park-like setting in the back (but more maintenance :mad: ). I suppose it's just a step towards planning for those backyard parties I've yet to have. If you have a choice, build in your attached garage for as long as possible -- I've heard that recommendation over and over from finished builders.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

On to Jerry's shop. I had thought about putting up a temporary structure for a workshop, but my wife wouldn't let me. Have you had any regrets or wishes with your setup? How much did it cost to erect and outfit?

Thanks for any further info in advance.

-- Len

If I remember correctly, it was about $3200 complete w/air conditioner, lights, 220v, wood deck, and inside walls.

It's one of the few things I haven't plaguerized which worked as good as I thought it would. :thumbsup:

"I run with scissors."

Cozy MKIV N85TT

Phase One Testing

http://home.earthlink.net/~jerskip