Cozy Cockpit space

I have been thinking about getting a long-ez and perhaps building a cozy. Today I sat in a cozy for the first time, sort of. I am a big guy, 6'4" and 250 lbs. I climbed into the cockpit of a cozy mk III and I could not get both of my legs into the proper position. With my legs extended as far as they could go my butt was still a couple inches off the seat bottom. In addition my right arm was a good portion of the way into the passenger seat.

I believe the cozy IV is larger, but how much so? Is there anyone out there with my profile flying this plane, or any other type of canard? Will I fit in a long-ez or will I have the same problem? Also, my wife is almost as tall as I am and I'm starting to wonder if there will be any room left for her as well? Anyone in the Dallas/Austin area willing to let me see if I could fit comfortably?

I'm just starting to learn about some of the other canard planes. What other types would have more space?

Thanks,

-jasson

I'm 6ft, but very light. When I built my Long EZ, I moved the pilots seat forward 2 inches. I have no problem, plenty of room.

One factor you may not be aware of. Normally, you do not fly the EZ with your feet on the rudders. I use the rudders for Takeoff/landing, and if doing ACM or other foolishness.

I put my feet in front of the rudders when not in use.

My wife is 6 ft, she does OK in the back seat. I installed Foot rest blocks in the back seat, they allow the GIB to rest their feet in a better position than flat on the floor.

ALSO, I ran into one person a couple years ago who was only 5-8, but he had a real tall torso, and short legs. He wouldn't fit in the back seat, I couldn't close the canopy around his upper body.

Good luck, and keep in mind the rudder pedals

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com