anyone knows this retractable gear long ez?

longezjet

Hi all

I'm looking for any info about the original builder of the long ez that i have purchased some time ago.It is very unsusual long ez ,it has fully retractable landing gear that etracts outboard to the wings ,split canopy.So far i know that this airplane was probably build in Puerto Rico by someone who was working for an Faa in the control tower.I heard that this airplane was flying and was confiscated by DEA ..I had set up my picture with the picture of my long ez,for more pictures please email me at longezjet?@cfl.rr.com.Any news about this airplane or the builder would help a lot .I thank you all for help

Robert

Dang, I thought for sure it was a Berkut and already began to feel jealous.

How do i attach pictures...

Since this question is asked now and again, I answered it here.

...or can i send them to you?

Sure, mail anything you have to jonmatcho@canardzone.com.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

How do i attach pictures or can i send them to you?

I received the attached pictures via e-mail from Robert with the following note:

Hi Jon

Here are some pictures of my Long Ez , two are some old pictures that previous owner (not builder) had from somewhere. Looks like this airplane was flying but I’m not sure of that, this was just rumors that previous owner told me. Any information from anybody would help. JD from Infinity Aerospace told me that he knew the original builder and that the airplane was build in Puerto Rico ,he even had some pictures off of it but that was some time ago and he could not find them anymore.

Sincerely

Robert

Robert, the problem you may have been having is that the 1st image was too large. Presently the limit is 0.5MB and your image was 1MB in size. I compressed using PhotoShop to fit.

post-386-141090152856_thumb.jpg

post-386-141090152877_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

An interesting little beast. I imagine the mains would look a bit less spindly with some weight on them, I assume the engine isn't in yet. Any idea what sort of structure they are attached to?

It looks like it has a pretty narrow track compared to standard. Would there be much effect of having draggy bit extending in front of the ailerons, same as the infinity gear?

Is there really anhedral on the canard?

In case you were wondering, I don't have any information for you, just questions :cool:

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

Any idea what sort of structure they are attached to?

I'll guess the main wing spar.

It looks like it has a petty narrow track compared to standard.

Yes, good catch -- more narrow than a fixed gear. With the unknown gear, it might be worth considering removing the gear.

Would there be much effect of having draggy bit extending in front of the ailerons, same as the infinity gear?

Not sure what you mean... and not sure I need to. :)

Is there really anhedral on the canard?

Something is definitely going on there -- maybe a custom canard, which perhaps can/should be replaced (it doesn't look like the GU or the Roncz canard). Looking at the rudders, this is a Long-EZ without the "high performance rudders", or possibly a VariEze with Long-EZ wings. Depending on which this is will determine what the canard airfoil is supposed to be. Robert/longezjet seems confident that it's a Long-EZ, which would mean that the canard should be the Roncz version, ideally.