New England Long-EZ community?

Hello All,

Great Forum! Looking forward to learning about all your views on these wonderful aircraft.

After 8 years of flying a Cessna 172 out of Hanscom (BED) and Norwood (EWD) Massachusetts, I'm deciding to switch to the plane that has been truly in my eyes all along...the Long EZ. I'm hoping to see some local planes and meet with local pilots. I've seen a couple of planes here and there, but do not know how to connect with anyone. Is there any semi-organized group of canard flyers in the New England area?

I would like to locate and purchase an already flying plane in the near future. Meanwhile, it would be good to get some direct experience in the plane before I make the full commitment. I flew in one in the early 90's, but would now like to check out in one. I know back seat controls are limited, but between some back seat time, front seat ground taxiing, front wheel liftoffs, I should be able to get the feel of the aircraft.

• 4 months later...

See you at the fly in...

WHEN: SATURDAY,JUNE 25, 2005 (rain date: Sun, June 26)

WHERE: The EAA106 hangar on the north ramp area of LWM

(Lawrence Municipal Airport, Lawrence, MA)

LINK:

http://www.eaa106.org/NEVAF/

Yeah, and Marc Zeitlen will be there too talking about flying across the USA in his Cozy. I wonder if he'll have more to say about working for Scaled?

Nathan Gifford

Tickfaw, LA USA

Cozy Mk IV Plans Set 1330

Better still --> Now at CH 9

Yeah, and Marc Zeitlen will be there too talking about flying across the USA in his Cozy. I wonder if he'll have more to say about working for Scaled?

Nope. Since I don't know anything, I can't say anything :-). They haven't told me what I'll be working on because they don't know yet.

I'll be talking about last year's 2.5 week cross country trip, and my adventures on it.