I'll buy the gas!

Hi,

I am new to the zone and have not yet started any project, I am trying to learn as much as I can before taking the first step. I have accumulated about 105 hrs of flight time in the traditional 152, 172 and katana but have grown tired of these low speed trainer aircraft and the high expense of renting them. I love the specs and looks of the varieze and the long ez, their seating and controls remind me of a fighter aircraft. I would like to meet a pilot that lives close enough to Ogden Ut. and would be willing to show me the basics of flying these machines plus having a actual plane and builder close by would be nice while building. Any one out there interested I will happily buy the fuel :D

Erick Redfern

Erick, welcome! Having had the joy of flying in a Cozy, I'm certain you will be thrilled with the performance and feel of a canard type. I suggest that you stick to Long-EZ and Cozy-like options, as these are the most modern designs.

You also have the Velocity and SQ2000 kit options, and perhaps an AeroCanard kit option from a new manufacturer in the near future.

Back to your question about rides, your best bet will be to sign-up to the COZY mail list as that is where the vast majority of COZY flyers reside. After that, you have the Canard Aviators (CA) Yahoo mail list where you can find VariEze, Long-EZ, Cozy, and other flyers across the country.

Or, you can do as I did... take someone's word for it, buy plans, and worry about a ride later.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV