Outstanding Jigged foam job

Click here for an Aircar - the other 4 seat, plans built aircraft...

The Aircar cabin is a much more complex concept, but Doug has used a similar method to the Cozy turtleback. He heated then sewed his foam to the jig stringers to achieve the complex shape and I think this method may help some who's websites indicate this was a problem. Could also be useful for cowlings for those of us facing huge transport bills for featherlite bits.

Doug was driven to these lengths by pathetic support from the plans owner, who seems to have forgotten where the moulds are to produce the bits the plans say the builder has to buy. By all accounts the items are a low grade of cr@p if you can find them. Doug is a bit critical of himself, but I think he's done a fine job. It does make me appreciate the marvellous support available for the Cozy. The Aircar yahoo group has virtually no traffic and the distributor of the plans is MIA.

Next project for Doug, a Cozy on floats? Shame it would sink engine first without somebody in the front seat all the time...

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

Interesting technique... definitely something to consider.

Next project for Doug, a Cozy on floats?

I wonder if he could finish a per-plans Cozy before he finishes his aircar. The poor guy wrote he has 4,500 hours into his project. :scared: I like building, but not that much.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

He's over 5,000 hours already, 4,500 is the estimation in the plans! He could build two Cozys and a Starlet in the time he's spent, but all three would have a sorry end landing in a lake :D

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

It does make me appreciate the marvellous support available for the Cozy. The Aircar yahoo group has virtually no traffic and the distributor of the plans is MIA.

The four biggest reasons I'm seriously looking at building a Cozy:1) completely plans built (no vendor to go out of business half way through your project :rolleyes: ), 2) great builder support, 3) The excellent performance and, 4) four place (well 2+2 OK?) :)