Roncz Canard?

Hercpilot

Is it just me or do the elevator core template and the contouring template not match too well. It appears that the core template is a little larger than the contouring template and I see no way of ever getting the contouring template to touch as the plans suggest should happen! Any input would help.

It appears that the core template is a little larger than the contouring template and I see no way of ever getting the contouring template to touch as the plans suggest should happen! Any input would help.

I am far from home on this one, as I haven't participated in the hot wire part yet, but from what I understand it is desirable to cut your cores a bit larger than what you need. The foam sands easily and can be brought into the proper shape if you start just a bit larger. Even if they appeared to mate perfectly, you still might want to cut the cores a touch larger so you can sand away the wire ridges AND keep the proper shape.

cncdoc raises a good issue as well.

My $0.02 -- perhaps with a penny.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

• 3 years later...

hi guys,

I found that the upper contouring template match well with the lower contouring template at the L.E. but they don't at the T.E.(they don't touch and a bit of space remain between them).

I suppose the error is in the lower part, but I'm not sure: anybody has a solution or a suggest??

nico

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads. (Dr. Emmett Brown)