Window and bubble protection

dust

OK, so how do you guys protect these during construction.

We just coverred ONE in colored tape and it took 4 dam (ok not dam rolls, small rolls, rolls, i have allot of windows and 2 bubles to protect, any ideas

enjoy the build

dust

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

I use shrink wrap to protect my plexiglas studio windows. If you layer it, it can protect against most "poking, scraping" stuff. 2 layers is usually enough. It is easy to put on and easy to remove. I dont know if it's "Dust" proof, but is IS dustproof.

If you have concerns about your sander poking through, you can put duct tape over the shrink wrap and it protects pretty well and comes off with the shrink wrap.

But what do I know? I have been married twice.

back to work...

I wonder when my "sticky stuff" will get here??

Back to building... #618 Cozy MK IV

My Cozy web pages, courtesy: Rick Maddy... :cool: WN9G :rolleyes:

My windows and canopy from Airplane Plastics arrived with a thick plastic sheeting already adhered to it. Like Nat suggests, I left it on all windows, trimming away only what was needed to flox them in place. I have trimmed the windows in electrical tape where they meet the fiberglass. Again, all per plans.

Have you tried the spraylat? If your windows didn't come with adhered sheets, or if you couldn't resist and peeled it off to take a peek, then I suggest you use the spraylat. It's good stuff. Probably alot cheaper than a hundred rolls of 3M tape. You'll hear rumors that spraylat is hard to remove after a few years. Pure baloney. Simply reapply the spraylat, wait, and remove the old with the new.

Go ahead and laugh now, but my final suggestion is to use bubble wrap. I've wanted to do this myself, just haven't gotten around to it. Get the bubble wrap with the smaller bubbles. Cut to fit, then tape it to the canopy and windows with the 3M tape. Don't know how to get it to stay on the inside of the canopy except to cut it into smaller sheets and tape multiple slices in place.

Most of the builder damage (cuts, scrapes, nicks) gets put onto the outsides of the windows and canopy. Plastic and spraylat protect you about 85% of the time. I bet the bubble wrap does even better.

...Wayne Hicks

Wayne Hicks

Cozy IV Plans #678

http://www.ez.org/pages/waynehicks