Aircraft Spruce Cozy plans

If I buy a set of existing plans or an uncompleted Cozy project the plans would have come from C0-Z Development, yet Aircraft Spruce now distributes the plans. Does anybody know if you can get a builders number off AS from a set of Co-Z plans or do you still get this off Co-Z? Is there any sort of transfer of licence involved if you buy a set of plans/uncompleted project?

On another tack, does anybody have a link to where on the Aircraft Spruce site the Cozy plans are, or do you have to ring? How much are they selling the plans for?

Any more questions I suppose I'll be banned from the forum, but I would appreciate any answers anybody is able to give:)

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

<On another tack, does anybody have a link to where on the Aircraft Spruce site the Cozy plans are, or do you have to ring? How much are they selling the plans for?>

Go to : aircraftspruce.com

Click: search

Type: cozy

Hit: Enter

Top of the list, $500.

"I run with scissors."

Cozy MKIV N85TT

Phase One Testing

http://home.earthlink.net/~jerskip

Builders,

The Cozy Mark IV design has grown in popularity each year. We were concerned about what would happen when Shirley and I were no longer able to carry on (our children are all in the medical profession and not involved in aviation). We considered it very fortunate that Aircraft Spruce wanted to purchase our copyrights and take over the sale of plans, and we wanted to make the transition while we are still able to help. So, effective January 1, 2004, Aircraft Spruce is the only authorized supplier of Cozy plans, and no one is authorized to copy and sell all or parts of the Cozy plans, without their explicit permission. We have agreed to continue to support builders as we have in the past, and publish the newsletter, and display our airplane at airshows. Aircraft Spruce will issue serial numbers for the plans they sell, and plans to revise the license agreement slightly to cover them as well as Co-Z Development. There has been a lot of planning, and we are hopeful that the transition will be smooth. We hope that you will look at this, not as our dropping out, but rather our bringing in help for the future.

Best regards,

Nat

Jerry, thanks. I can't think why that didn't work last time I tried it!

Nat, wow! If no answers were forthcoming I was going to try to work up the nerve to e-mail you. Thanks for the reply.

The only remaining question is who do those who have YOUR plans get a serial number from as of JAN 1st, Co-Z or Aircraft Spruce?

I think you are to be heartily congratulated for making these arrangements for the future of your baby. Your long and active support & obvious planning for the future are what have (just about) sold me on building a Cozy.

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

Just order the plans, and of course materials to get started and you have all you need to build.

The Owners/Flight manual is possibly needed for flight, but the serial# is that of the plans!

Glad to hear from you here again Nat! Hopefully you and Shirley had a happy and healthy Christmas and New Years.

Regards,

/dan

/dan