AN4 Rod End Inserts

Dave Clifford

All the parts have been fabricated for the control system, and in getting ready to assemble the AN4 rod end inserts into the tubes, the plans call for two AN470AD4-10 1/8" hard aluminum rivets to hold each insert in place. I am sure this is sufficient as I have never heard of a failure thus far, yet I would like a little extra shear strength here. Has anyone thought the same and used an AN3 bolt here instead, or am I being overly cautious here??:rolleyes:

Dave Clifford

"The Metal Man" Musketeer

Vise grip hands and Micrometer eyes!!

Cozy MKIV Plans #656

I know what Nat would say on this one - "follow the plans", and I'm tempted to say something similar.....

You can do it the way the designer engineered it, the same way hundreds, if not thousands, of others have already done and not had a problem, or you can do it a new way that hasn't been done, tested or engineered. You're new way might be better.

You're choice.

I wish I HAD that choice more often as I move toward flying this plane. This isnt intended as a "slam" - just a perspective about which is the easiest and least risky way to go.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net