Contouring fuselage sides

yairgil

By "the edges of the sides" I presume you mean the foam used to shape the inside. I think the plans use white (urathane) foam here because it's easier to sand. The blue foam (normally used for the wings) would be fine here - in fact it'll probably be stronger. No reason to remove it.

However - be careful to identify the different foams and use them where specified in non cosmetic areas. There ARE areas where this is critical - i.e. some foams dissolve in gasoline, some don't. :eek:

I know that some builders prefer to use the blue foam for areas where shaping and sanding is required (e.g. canopy / nose ). It's a little harder to shape, but it bonds better to fiberglass.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

Well, i wish i had used the other foam at this area, the "easily formable" foam you were supposed to use is also very fragile and when pieces of the micro break out it makes a mess of it, we only filled and sanded the foam 3 or 8 times.

enjoy the build, but do pay better attention to using the correct foam, burning the wrong stuff could kill you

enjoy the build

mike

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/