Filling and contouring

dust

Well, for woodworking i have the west system and at the airplane factory(cliffords garage) i have msg(mgs) so i'ii do my own darn test and report back

enjoy the build

Mike

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

I've tried both, and added a third, Super Fill. My thoughts are that West and MGS worked about the same. I started with West and switched just recently because I ran out of West's and I still had a gallon MGS. I honestly don't notice a difference. They seem to sand about the same. I don't remember the cost of each. That might be a factor.

The Super Fill was not a good experience for me. I used it about 3 years ago and measured by volume, not weight. I also mixed the 2 parts in a cup, not a flat plate as now recommended. My Super Fill did not mix properly and I didn't see that until after it had cured. I had numerous areas that never cured and you could scape it off with your finger nail. This didn't happen to small areas either. I ended up redoing the nose of the fuselage, the underside of a wing and the top of the canard. I think that the bottom of the canard was the only area I didn't sand off and redo in West of MGS.

Daryl

Daryl Lueck

Cozy IV N797DL