Control hole

noodles

Is better to hold off on cutting the hole for the control linkage or hold off?

I was concerned about cutting the hole and it not being large enough or rubbing slightly on the controls. I've read the archives, some of them mentioned that they wished they had cut early.

Second question, how far back is your speed brake from the seat back bulkhead?

Alright I've found some references in the archives saying not to cut them till later in the chapter.

Cozy IV project.

Redheaded Stepchild of The Canard Community :bad:

The holes are very hard to cut accurately in Chapter 16. You're cutting a very tough structural layup at an angle and from a distance. Yuck. I'd recommend cutting the holes early, per plans. Maybe even in Chapter 4. My holes ended up a bit large, so I floxed in some PVC pipe for the control rods to go through.

Something else to conside in the early chapters...

I'm installing my ELT. They want a 36 inch ground plane - i.e. 8 legs, each 18 inches long radiating out from the center. This is easily made with copper foil tape, but now I'll have to stick it onto the floor in the rear. Unless someone has a better idea...

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

Let's say I inadvertantly hard shelled my front seat bulkhead. What are my options.

Basicall I started spurting air on my last batch of micro. Damn that pump it looks so optimisticly full from the outside.

So no control holes, and the front side is ligtly microed but no glass. Any suggestions. I know I can cut the foam again, but was hoping not to.

Cozy IV project.

Redheaded Stepchild of The Canard Community :bad:

Lightly microed - hmmm. You could rub it smooth, paint it with epoxy and glass it.

Of course, for the price and delay of another piece of foam this is probably a cheap learning experience.

Question: will the structural integrity of this part ever enter you're mind again? Will you think of it once a day? once a week? once a month? Will it be on you're mind during the first flight?

I think I'd do it over.

:mad:

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net