Three Musketeers

Dave Clifford

After a two week vacation to northern Michigan and a side trip to Oshkosh Airventure, we missed three "Plane Days". The Oshkosh trip really recharged my batteries and I was excited to get back to building. I thought everyone would be over last Saturday. I got up early and worked alone. It was a no-show. Figured I was wrong and that "Plane Day" must be Sunday. I again got up early and worked alone due to a no-show. Thane calls last night and informs me that "Plane Day" IS next Sunday. Everyone's busy and summer is just about over so we can get back on schedule soon, ('til Dust goes to Arizona on "business" or Thane goes to Vegas for a "dental convention") At least SOMEONE got work done on the planes last week!! I'll be turning metal on the lathe and Thane and Dust can get back to work on the turtle decks. Life is good.:)

Dave Clifford

"The Metal Man" Musketeer

Vise grip hands and Micrometer eyes!!

Cozy MKIV Plans #656

I too was energized by the Oshkosh experience. Working at 1/3 rd of the power of the Musketeers was probably a peaceful, calming, and a spiritual event! However, I thought that the motto was "all for one and one for all"! Well, someone had to protect the serve the Cozy's.

Enjoyed see you, Dust and Robin and a few more nuts like me at the show. It was truely a "Great Day To Be An AMERICAN!".

Thanks again for transporting the turtleback jig with you on your vacation.

Dave; do you remember were you purchased the antenna cabling? I remember a discussion when I was slaving with you that you purchased cabling from a wholesale house. Dust could not remember. I need to start looking because I'm just about complete with chapter 4 and 5, I think, I will need to embed antennas in the fuse.

Cheers!

Thane picked up the antenna cable and it was from Radio Shack. We got the expensive stuff that cost about a buck a foot. The cable is: RG1428/U-92607-TENSOLITE. Its brown in color. The sales staff at the store did not even know they had the stuff and found it in the back room storage. The antenna kits are from RTS engineering,(Jim Weir). Both planes are loaded with all the antennas we will ever need or use and cost less than one antenna from an antenna manufacturer. Just follow the instructions in the antenna kit.

Dave Clifford

"The Metal Man" Musketeer

Vise grip hands and Micrometer eyes!!

Cozy MKIV Plans #656

Thanks Dave! I think you guys purchased a whole spool for both planes. I too am going to install all the antennas I can to insure that as I get MOOOE Money, I can enhance my avionics. Sooooo, with that in mind, how many feet/yards do you think I will need (based on your experience and devine wisdom)to get the job done master?

Your humble servant!