Oshkosh Camping

Is there anyone that will be camping at Oshkosh Scholler Campground that will be there on 7/31 through 8/2 that I can leave a turtledeck jig and some templates with for Hank Stauffenberg to pick when he arrives on 8/1?? I will be pulling up camp on 7/31, drop it off at your campsite, and Hank will arrive on 8/1 and pick it up. Thanks.

Dave Clifford

"The Metal Man" Musketeer

Vise grip hands and Micrometer eyes!!

Cozy MKIV Plans #656

ok, let's start from scratch.

Clifford is taking the jig to oshkosh

clifford leaves on one day and hank comes the next, it just need be stored overnight and a day.

hank is picking it up and taking it to iowa

Hank is bringing some small templetes back for us, spelled you, they will fit on your motorcycle.

he he he

Mike

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

A couple of years ago I camped at one of the houses in that little subdivision that lines the road into the parking lot at OSH. Some friends I went with stay there all the time. pretty much the same folks every year with a few additions each year. Like a big, eclectic family. I had a GREAT time. They have a basement full of cots, a yard full of tents and campers and motor homes. It's an easy walk to the gate, much more convenient bath facilities, all night bull sessions around the dining room table and a big cook-out later in the week. Very good prices, and the people, like I said, are like family. Anyone interested I can get contact details.

...Destiny's Plaything...

I'll be the silver Audi with all the bugs (and maybe a few bats) on the front. (Notice that I didn't mention anything about happy motorcyclists and the bugs in their teeth!) With all of the rain we have had lately, the bugs are out in full force. When I drive the side roads just off the freeway, the lightning bug hits glow for about 20 minutes. Its almost pretty in a disgusting sort of way.

If I don't hit any traffic, I think I can make it up there in 9 hours. I may need to drive just a hair over the speed limit. I'll leave Atlanta Wednesday after work, drive most of the night, show up at the show the next morning... stay for two days, wander around the airfield in a sleep deprived daze asking "where are the baby clothes?"... repeat process home in reverse. Work is REALLY starting to interfere with my play time.

This ain't rocket surgery!

That's why I need an airplane... ground authorities are a little antiquated in their thinking about proper maintainable velocities. :D

Detroit is in a different direction so hours won't add up for Chattanooga to Oshkosh. Plus you have that big blue blob on the map to drive south of coming from Detroit.

When I was in sales I drove to different cities on a fairly regular basis. I won't say how fast, but it is somewhere between polite warning and go directly to jail speeds. My favorite run was 10 hours from Atlanta to Houston... this was before the speed limit was raised from 55mph. ('84 MB AMG 1000SEC)

Attempting to stay out of trouble takes general awareness and a whole lot of neat technology. But every 5 years or so I walk away with a duesy of a yellow slip. I don't complain though. I've had two warnings for speeds that my friends refuse to believe. What scares me now is that I'm 2 years over-due for my next ticket.

I really need a plane.

Well... I made it in nothing resembling 9 hours. 13 to be exact. It seems that Nordstroms in Indianapolis was a "do not miss". 6 trucks didn't play nice somewhere between Indy and Chicago. Chicago traffic was a zoo after that... and after realizing I brought no cash with me... it took every coin lost between every cusion in the car to get through Chicago toll roads. Oh... and I shredded a tire somewhere north of Chicago! (I dislike Continental Tires the way John Slade dislikes A.S.& S.)

But I did make it, bought plans #1176, saw Dust (Dust I hope you know I was kidding about the Yugo powered Cozy... you looked at me like I sprouted a new head! :confused: ), never saw Dust again, went to the Cozy dinner, drove home.

I drove home in nothing resembling 9 hours. Discovered that the projected mileage of 650 from Atlanta to Oshkosh foretold by Mapquest was air miles. Sheese.

Sorry wanted to chat, wore my hat all day and the 1/2 day i was there the next day.

That funny look on my face was one of trying to think of something funny to say with nothing comin out. Those who know me will be surprised to find that i was speechless.

Congrats on buying the plans

ENJOY THE BUILD

Mike

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

Dust speechless? WOW.

Marbleturtle,

Which table were you sitting at? I'm trying to place you. I was at the second table and the one who said project staus was "I bought an epoxy pump".

My travel time was much lengthened by rain (a few stops under overpasses to let the heavy rain pass), slower speed during rain and Chicago traffic. I was also in the rain so long on the way home that the rain migrated through my leather boots and my feet were squishing.

Despite having a clutch break on my Harley Saturday night and having to scramble to have the good guys at the Lincoln Welders tent fix it for me, I had a fabulous time.

Mike LaFLeur - Cozy MkIV #1155
N68ML
76225.gif

I think I remember someone saying "just bought an epoxy pump." But people around me were talking during the intro's so I don't remember who said that.

I was the second introduction. I said I'm on Chapter 1 page 1, everyone clapped politely, then I thanked Nat for his patience while I asked a bunch of crazy questions for 8 months while I did the research. I was sitting all the way in the corner. I brought my father since my wife was in Ohio. Ring any bells?