landing light

Her is a little suggestion I used on my Long-EZ after a few years trying to land like the Navy at night.

I installed the landing light in the landing brake it took only a couple of adjustments to get the angle right. It is just a fog light from Wal Mart, but works great. Low cost almost flush with landing brake skin. It also looks neet at night when on, and the brake is up setting on the ramp.;)

If the phone don't ring. It's me

When ready for takeoff you raise the board, leave the light on, look down the runway hit the throttle and go. Rember to turn it off. Or, I turn it off after line up and just keep between runway lights. When airport is not busy. I was trained by an old Navy jock who thought landing lights were to signal you the Air Force was using the airport. BYM Better landings at night when you don't use the light. The strobs are almost too much.

chuckthedog;

What has the service life been like?

I hear about aircraft vibration killing automotive lights. Do you have to replace it often? Did you worry about the candle power?

Can you get us some shots of the installation? If you are doing pic's then how about one in the dark on the ground with the light on and up. I imagine it would look like the saturday night crusers around here with the ground effect lights. Very cool!

With the cozy front seat brace above the air brake where would you install it?

I have around 400 hours on it so far. Still working.

It is a Blazer International Corp. in Franklin park, IL. Made in China. C107KBMW It is 3"X4"X 1"1/2 to plug in. Cut your mounting hole just below hinge line in belly board and RTV in place. You may have to open up bottem of plane. Mine had clearance there already for Linier motor. Aim the light at the nose wheel, I think I paid 9 or 10 dollars for it, and did not use the mounting frame or the switch. Sorry about the Pics, getting one of them new fangeled digital camera's soon.

post-303-141090151828_thumb.jpg