Introduction from Germany

Am 4.2.2024 um 17:14 schrieb Jon Matcho:

Good to hear that you got what you needed after a few glitches or two. 

I'm looking forward to hearing of your progress!

Hello Jon,

just found this website an hour ago. Interested in a Q2 build in Germany, but still without much knowledge, I think purchasing some construction manual might be a good idea.
Can you please tell me if the "Ultimate Quickie Q2/Q200 Information Package" is up to date concerning today's knowledge and modifications? E.g. is the front wing airfoil that avoids wetness problems the mentioned LS1? And is this only downloadable stuff or does it contain paperwork?

Regards, Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Obermaier said:

just found this website an hour ago. Interested in a Q2 build in Germany, but still without much knowledge, I think purchasing some construction manual might be a good idea.

Glad to hear that, and welcome to the forum.

3 hours ago, Michael Obermaier said:

Can you please tell me if the "Ultimate Quickie Q2/Q200 Information Package" is up to date concerning today's knowledge and modifications? E.g. is the front wing airfoil that avoids wetness problems the mentioned LS1?

That package does include the improved LS1 canard profile templates for hot wiring the foam, but to build exactly to plans you'll need to find a replacement for the carbon fiber tube spar. Some have designer their own Rutan-like box spar as a replacement. The plans are more like a time capsule from the time they were originally written as opposed to a modern version. For example, 3D CAD was not really a thing back then, so the plans are all in 2D basically.

4 hours ago, Michael Obermaier said:

And is this only downloadable stuff or does it contain paperwork?

All items for sale are 100% digital downloads and allow the Canard Zone to keep running.

Welcome, and feel free to post your questions. Many others here are more knowledgeable than me on a variety of topics.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV