Aerocanard Dreamin’

Hi David, welcome to the forum.

I too had set out to build an Aerocanard after having purchased Cozy Mark IV plans. May I ask why you are intending to build an Aerocanard as opposed to a Cozy Mark IV?

Jon

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

My experience is mainly with the Aerocanard SB and FG plans. The SB plans are the same as a Cozy Mark IV. The FG plans have a slightly widened rear seat/firewall bulkhead.

Considering the questionable state of the AeroCad business (the owner passed away, the state prior to that, and whether it's actually open for business today), I'd recommend looking elsewhere such as the Cozy Mark IV aircraft. You can make refined to your taste to your heart's content, as well as slightly widen the front seating area if you must.

A 2,500' paved runway at MSL would be fine for an experienced canard pilot. My personal plan is to get familiar with the aircraft at an airport with a longer runway before bringing it the more common ~2,500 runways near me.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV