Hi, I’m Dave and I’m a newbie here.

I looking into purchasing either a Dragonfly or a Q2, and I’m looking for some advise.... What to look for and what to stay away from.

I found a Q2 with a LSI canard which I think is good....right?

Is one a “better” flying airplane than the other?

Is there anybody in the NY area that has a flying one of these that wouldn’t mind a “tour” of there airplane?

Thank you in advance for your help and time!

On 9/6/2020 at 10:34 AM, Stack said:

I looking into purchasing either a Dragonfly or a Q2, and I’m looking for some advise.... What to look for and what to stay away from.

I found a Q2 with a LSI canard which I think is good....right?

Is one a “better” flying airplane than the other?

Is there anybody in the NY area that has a flying one of these that wouldn’t mind a “tour” of there airplane?

Both the Dragonfly and the Q2 are good aircraft with similar qualities. The Qs are a bit faster, but not by much. The LS1 canard is what you want on a Q2/200, yes.

I have a Quickie TriQ-200 project in NJ that's NOT flying if you want to look it over. Also, there's a builder/flyer Zoom meeting coming up on 9/12 this week that you can check out. I'll post the information here later, but you can find it being discussed on the Quickie mailing list here: https://q-list.groups.io/g/main

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Good morning Jon,

I’d love to join that Zoom meeting On the 9/12, and  I might take you up on the offer to see the Tri-Q200. Where in NJ is the airplane?

Thank you for the information!

I should stop reading about canards because it’s putting doubt in my mind... But they look soo cool

22 hours ago, Stack said:

I might take you up on the offer to see the Tri-Q200. Where in NJ is the airplane?

The fuselage, tail, and engine are currently separated, so I wouldn't consider it an airplane. Still, it's in Martinsville, NJ if you ever want to take a look.

22 hours ago, Stack said:

I should stop reading about canards because it’s putting doubt in my mind...

You should keep reading and make sure you're comfortable. There are many pros and cons to consider, and most important is to match an airplane to your goals and needs.

@Stack and anyone else who might be interested in seeing a tour of a great example of a Quickie TriQ-200, I put the details up on the Calendar here for the Zoom meeting tomorrow (September 12th).

This one is of particular interest to me as Jerry was the hangar mate of the builder of the TriQ-200 that I now have (to repair).