finding canard pusher newsletters

longezproject

Hey folks!

Iv'e had the plans for the long ez for many years now and my son and I were looking through them and verifying everything is still in tact and looks like we have everything, including the newer canard plans, and a bunch of paperwork for, what appears to be, a better rudder system??

Anyhow, I was doing some research here today and it looks like i will need the newsletters however. I used the search function but couldn't find out how I can get them. Is that what the Turf CD is all about? Is there any way I can get just the newsletters to find out about any changes over the years?

My plans are dated 1981 so I would imagine it has had a number of changes. I'm guessing I can still build the bulkheads with out them in the meantime, but not really sure. If any of you experienced folks could explain or direct us where to go we would sure appreciate it.

Michael

Hey folks!

Iv'e had the plans for the long ez for many years now and my son and I were looking through them and verifying everything is still in tact and looks like we have everything, including the newer canard plans, and a bunch of paperwork for, what appears to be, a better rudder system??

Anyhow, I was doing some research here today and it looks like i will need the newsletters however. I used the search function but couldn't find out how I can get them. Is that what the Turf CD is all about? Is there any way I can get just the newsletters to find out about any changes over the years?

My plans are dated 1981 so I would imagine it has had a number of changes. I'm guessing I can still build the bulkheads with out them in the meantime, but not really sure. If any of you experienced folks could explain or direct us where to go we would sure appreciate it.

Michael

http://www.cozybuilders.org/Canard_Pusher/

This includes all the news letters for all the Rutan canards

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

The newsletters don't just update the plans---but also talks about best practices, tips, etc. For example, in one of my recent posts about the helper springs for the throttle cable. The plans nor changes to the plans tell you about the fact that the throttle needs to be actuated by cable alone and without the helper springs. So if you just went to the plans changes of each of the newsletters, you would miss that important fact---which could either kill you, hurt you, or damage your airplane. I spent the time to read each one and document each article in a spreadsheet. Any time I would have a situation come up, I would sort on engine problems----or whatever the issue was. At first I did not do this---and found myself spending hours looking for the right article that I knew that I had seen----now it is at my fingertips---whether we are talking about Longez or Cozy. I did the same thing with the CSA newsletters---but from only the point where I had started recieving them (as opposed to CPs and Cozy newletters---where I have the entire set).