Newbie Introduction

Hey canard folks!

Well, I have had plans for a long ez for many years now and i'm the third owner. It's funny how the plans have been transfered but nobody dared to start building it.

I figured enough waiting, just do it! My son was a big motivator so the two of us are going to take on the challenge together.

I pulled the plans out of the box and am now just starting to read and scan them over. Lots of pages thats for sure. Anyhow looks like you guys have a real nice forum here and hope my son and I can be of some value here someday, but until then we just have to be good listeners.

What we have decided is to just build it to plans and keep it simple with just the bare minimum of instruments etc.

We look forward to the day we can start the bulkheads, maybe in a couple weeks after we get done building the table etc.

Michael

Congradulations;

Some my best building memories are when my daughters helped with cutting, mixing epozy, (Looks like pancake syrup), and just "Helping Dad"

Keep it as light as possible, and you'll be very happy.

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com

Thanks Waiter

Yeah! I learned my lesson about keeping airplanes light, never do that again.

No more customizing or reinventing the wheel either(at least for me), that can really extend a project and I need to keep my son enthused so I plan on just following the plans and, like you said, keep it light.

Michael