Cleveland Wheel & Brake

Limo EZ

I have 500 - 5 wheels 4-151. Has anyone purchased just the steel spacers that contact the outer surface of the bearings? Need a source and part number. I also have 30-133 brakes that I would like to rebuild. I do not see any listing anywhere for parts like the O ring and the bleeder. Could use a rebuild kit . Need source and part number. The ironically thing is the Cleveland Brake Co. is only about 10 mi away but you can't buy direct. Thanks for any help.

Joe Berki

Limo EZ

• 5 weeks later...

I would have thought it would be smashing bugs by now Joe ! I've been flying 8EZ quite a bit, and been advising Jon Karkow as he brings Dad's LimoEZ (26EZ) back to life. I flew 26EZ for a while after Dad passed, but owning two planes so similar made no sense, and I was spending too much time working on it without putting much air time in it.

Is there a section here for wide EZ's? I'd love to see pics of your bird!

Dick

Your bird looks great Joe! I really like your paint scheme; Joe LaCour had something along the same lines in gray and black and was also a standout in a sea of EZs. The Limo off Dad's plans in Missoula (Ed Louverein) is coming along slowly, but Ed's C320 accident has slowed his progress. There was a lot of EZ/Berkut activity in NW Montana but Dr Schute's Berkut tragedy (Drybread) seemed to cause many MT projects to be abandoned or go dormant.

8EZ is down for annual right now, but the Reno Air Races are this weekend so it may be a couple more weeks before it's ready to go. After so many years of resolving issues on the airplane, annuals are literally just an inspection these days - nothing has broken or required modification for at least 10 years now. With the big brakes I can usually go 125 hours on a set of pads, and the Lamb tires about the same.:)

Dick

Dick,

Thanks, I guess the fact that you have had no trouble with your EZ indicates that you and your Dad built an outstanding airframe. My friend will be at Reno. He was invited to crew for a guy from Canada in Formula 1 in a Cassut. Dan has built a Midget Mustang that is ready for 1st flight. His plan is to at least race once. He has been through pylon scholl a couple of times. I am fitting wheel pants and trying to save som $$ for avionics and engine. 2 kids in college.

Joe

Your bird looks great Joe! I really like your paint scheme; Joe LaCour had something along the same lines in gray and black and was also a standout in a sea of EZs. The Limo off Dad's plans in Missoula (Ed Louverein) is coming along slowly, but Ed's C320 accident has slowed his progress. There was a lot of EZ/Berkut activity in NW Montana but Dr Schute's Berkut tragedy (Drybread) seemed to cause many MT projects to be abandoned or go dormant.

8EZ is down for annual right now, but the Reno Air Races are this weekend so it may be a couple more weeks before it's ready to go. After so many years of resolving issues on the airplane, annuals are literally just an inspection these days - nothing has broken or required modification for at least 10 years now. With the big brakes I can usually go 125 hours on a set of pads, and the Lamb tires about the same.:)

Dick

I class Joe LaCour's Long EZ (N97EZ) as the most striking looking Long EZ I have ever seen. I believe he has sold the aeroplane, but it was the cutting edge Long EZ for it's time. I spent an entire Oshkosh at 17 years of age taking photos of that aeroplane, and I mean, an entire Oshkosh. :-)

Cheers,

Wayne Blackler

IO-360 Long EZ

VH-WEZ (N360WZ)

Melbourne, AUSTRALIA

http://v2.ez.org/feature/F0411-1/F0411-1.htm