WANTED Premoulded NACA Air scoop

Does anyone know where I might get one of these NACA air scoops or something similar? (There is a reference in the 1986 Cozy Newsletter which I've followed up but I'm not expecting any left overs)

Many thanks

post-1364-141090168643_thumb.jpg

post-1364-141090168647_thumb.jpg

post-1364-141090168649_thumb.jpg

Dave

VH-JZE

I tried Aytons before posting and no reply from him so far. I have a NACA currently sitting in front of me which is great in summer. It has a little door hinge that leaks badly (see pic). So I pulled it off and use a block of foam as suggested I think in the plans.

The issue, apart from the cold air leaking is that the vent obsures the top of the A/H graduation marks from my sitting position (which is a bit higher than the photo suggests) and I really need it clear for practicing instrument work.

Its seems such a minor problem to ask guys who build whole planes yet its a difficult one to work out a simple solution for. I was thinking one of those Ayton vents cut back a little with a bit of silicone to help the seal would be the ticket. No room for an eyeball. (maybe I can give you a look sometime Wayne at YMNG?)

post-1364-141090168665_thumb.jpg

Dave

VH-JZE

I tried Aytons before posting and no reply from him so far. I have a NACA currently sitting in front of me which is great in summer. It has a little door hinge that leaks badly (see pic). So I pulled it off and use a block of foam as suggested I think in the plans.

The issue, apart from the cold air leaking is that the vent obsures the top of the A/H graduation marks from my sitting position (which is a bit higher than the photo suggests) and I really need it clear for practicing instrument work.

Its seems such a minor problem to ask guys who build whole planes yet its a difficult one to work out a simple solution for. I was thinking one of those Ayton vents cut back a little with a bit of silicone to help the seal would be the ticket. No room for an eyeball. (maybe I can give you a look sometime Wayne at YMNG?)

Dave, sure, email me offline wayne.blackler@boeing.com. Will be at YMNG at some point this weekend.

Cheers,

Wayne Blackler

IO-360 Long EZ

VH-WEZ (N360WZ)

Melbourne, AUSTRALIA

http://v2.ez.org/feature/F0411-1/F0411-1.htm