How to keep building?

So I should start building my Cozy in a couple months as soon as my wife and I can acquire a new house with a garage. I am really looking forward getting started. I have noticed that many if not most of these projects get stalled partway through or just drag on and on for a decade or more. I am really hoping to avoid this problem. I like building, but there are other projects I will like to tackle in my lifetime. I don’t mind putting in the time, but I just want to get it finished in a reasonable amount of time. So what are the pitfalls to avoid? What are the best tips for ensuring steady progress?

Crazy Canuck

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Cozy MKIV #MK1536

I am 1200 hours into a Velocity XL build and am building in the garage like you will be doing. The best way to keep moving is to do "SOMETHING" every day. Or at least a few things every week. I keep a log as we all do, and I calculate out how much time I spend per month. I am averaging about 36 hours a month. In 33 months, I just try to stay consistent. There have been a couple of times that my motivation has lagged, but I take a week off, and then start with something small and then just go do it.

Also, don't look at the big picture, it can be very daunting. Just have a goal of one part to build, or one item to do. It is a bit like going to college... don't look at it as four or five years of your life, just look at it as a few classes to take... eventually all the classes add up and you have a degree. In this case, all the parts and projects will add up and you will have a plane.

Jack