TE kink

steve

how can the te be kinked if all the wood jiggs are cut at the same spot ? ie 7"" up from the table ???

The 7" cut line (i.e. WL17.4) does not pass through the TE. The TE's position w.r.t. the cut line is different for each template. If you look at the two TEs shown on M22 (or Open EZ dwg A13), you can see that it is above the WL17.4 cut line on one template and below it on the other.

Joe Polenek

Joe

Cozy Mk IV #1550

• 6 months later...

how can the te be kinked if all the wood jiggs are cut at the same spot ? ie 7"" up from the table ???

your right steve, but your TE is not right ! sand it flat and you good to go

there is no kink in the TE of the cozy but there is in the foam leading away from the TE. so much care will be needed to get it flat

if you did it right you will have flat at the same time you have strate.

if you are close you should have flat and convect or curved

then just sand the TE at the root block till its flat

Steve M. Parkins

• 1 month later...

The 7" cut line (i.e. WL17.4) does not pass through the TE. The TE's position w.r.t. the cut line is different for each template. If you look at the two TEs shown on M22 (or Open EZ dwg A13), you can see that it is above the WL17.4 cut line on one template and below it on the other.

Joe Polenek

can we still get the Open EZ dwg A13 or do you need to know some one?

Steve M. Parkins

your right steve, but your TE is not right ! sand it flat and you good to go

there is no kink in the TE of the cozy but there is in the foam leading away from the TE. so much care will be needed to get it flat

if you did it right you will have flat at the same time you have strate.

if you are close you should have flat and convect or curved

then just sand the TE at the root block till its flat

Talking to yourself? :confused:

There is most definitely a kink at the trailing edge. Sanding it flat will make quite a mess...

Phil Kriley

Cozy #1460

Chapter 13 - nose

Right wing done - working on right winglet.

Talking to yourself? :confused:

There is most definitely a kink at the trailing edge. Sanding it flat will make quite a mess...

yes and no, there is a kink because the jigs are flawed and there is no way to check for this delema befor/during/and after the skins are place.

there is also some blame placed on the hot wire templets.

some say its the way they are.

i have a set for jig templets sent to me and will start tonight makeing a new set and look for a flaw or lack -there- of.

what a can tell you is that when the wing is built, there is still no way to see the kink.. you cant stand in a spot to eyeball down the wing and the kink is hidden by the aileron.

i have no kink in my #2 wing and a small one in my right one and it looks like there was a small offset in the cutting jigs in block 33-65.5 BL

Steve M. Parkins