Bugger the Cozy, I am building a single place high performace metal RG taildragger.

raiki

Got your attention then? Only joking. All is not as it seems.

I have started volunteering at the local museum restoring a Spitfire Mk Vc, sn A58-27. This aircraft was based at the local Army base in the 40s, along with many others. Thousands of aircraft where destroyed here after the war (if only they knew....).

Unfortunately this is only going to be for static display but we are effectively building every component from the original drawings from aircraft quality parts. There are some drawings missing but we can use those drawings of different Marks or 'estimate'. We have some original parts but only things like oleo legs, wheels, engine mount, supercharger (Merlin coming) etc. Most parts have been donated by other restorers, hardware and metal supplied by the Army I think.

Take a look: http://www.spitfireprojecta58-27.com/

We basically have a large hanger converted to a sheet metal workshop with bending brakes, english wheels, guilotines, lathes, milling machines, heaps of stock of materials/hardware. Very cool.

The local Army Aviation Museum here is pretty good( http://www.161recceflt.org.au/MAAF/homepage.htm ), and that is where this Spit will go when it is finished. Check out the Boomerang.

Adrian Smart

Cozy IV #1453

Ahhhh....those WWII birds!

The History Channel has a program called Battle 360 which airs tonight.

My Dad's carrier is part of the task force. He flew a Helldiver (dive bomber) off of the USS Bunker Hill. He's been gone for 20 years now and it's good to see his story told.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done